Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the big differance between the 2 apart from the length of the induction pipe as both use a k&n filter i have read that the dreamscience gets a lot more bhp and sounds alot nicer thinking of changing my code red cais as i miss the induction roar any info would be great

·
Registered
174 Posts
as i understand from the guy who designed the dreamscience theres is the only induction kit that swirls (vortex i think is in the word he used) & compress's the air in to the car which gets more air in to the engine.
More air more fuel more bhp.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(gtjunior @ 11 Jan 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as i understand from the guy who designed the dreamscience theres is the only induction kit that swirls (vortex i think is in the word he used) & compress's the air in to the car which gets more air in to the engine.
I'd seriously doubt that any swirl effect in the induction set-up would be noticable once the intake air has gone into that big whizzy thing stuck on the exhaust manifold!

If you search on here or the web for photo's you'll see the main differences of the kits - DS kit smooths out induction routing as much as possible whilst the K&N kit incorporates an ECU mounting box and still uses the standard cold air pipe into the turbo. Induction noise tends to be much more noticable on the DS set-up.

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
Also our kit has

1) No 90 degree bends to disturb air flow.
2) No saturation chamber or expansion chamber, our kit draws air at a 3" diameter and it remains this size before and after the MAF, plus just before the turbo we have a venturi piece which helps to accelerate the air when demanded.

[email protected]

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(big kev @ 11 Jan 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whats the big differance between the 2 apart from the length of the induction pipe as both use a k&n filter i have read that the dreamscience gets a lot more bhp and sounds alot nicer thinking of changing my code red cais as i miss the induction roar any info would be great

Send us a message if your thinking of selling the Code Red

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
must admit the dreamscience does seem to be getting good reports ,im also thinking along the lines of replaceing mine "K&Ncais " for the dreamscience one .
what a K&N worth second hand now ?

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 12 Jan 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>must admit the dreamscience does seem to be getting good reports ,im also thinking along the lines of replaceing mine "K&Ncais " for the dreamscience one .

it's not just a coincidence the two top performers at the Surrey Rolling Road day in this months Performance Ford were both using our dsci induction and Mod C

[email protected]

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 12 Jan 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>must admit the dreamscience does seem to be getting good reports ,im also thinking along the lines of replaceing mine "K&Ncais " for the dreamscience one .

they are fetching £100 or there abouts mate.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts

Snap.

I originally wanted the DS Induction Kit, and "settled" for the K&N Gen II for a number of reasons/circumstances

I always said that now that I have the K&N Gen II, it wasn't worth changing to the DS.

However, I feel that urge again. That deep, lusty yearning......

I need this in my life.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 12 Jan 2010, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Snap.

I originally wanted the DS Induction Kit, and "settled" for the K&N Gen II for a number of reasons/circumstances

I always said that now that I have the K&N Gen II, it wasn't worth changing to the DS.

However, I feel that urge again. That deep, lusty yearning......

I need this in my life.

I made the switch. It changed my life

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(np247921 @ 12 Jan 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we cant be talking about much bhp difference between the two though?

No probably not. A bit - but not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

But the noise!! Oh, the noise!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE(np247921 @ 12 Jan 2010, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>we cant be talking about much bhp difference between the two though?

I have a standard intercooler and got the figures below with the mods listed

Not had a K&N Gen 2 so can't comment on that, but that DSCI induction noise

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 12 Jan 2010, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a standard intercooler and got the figures below with the mods listed

Not had a K&N Gen 2 so can't comment on that, but that DSCI induction noise

do you not get a bit more induction noise with the k&n mate.
hope so! i've just bought a second hand one, i know it wont be as loud as the ds,
but hopefully better than standard?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Come on then lets have some youtube links
And this might be a stupid question but would the Dsci work with my Code Red remap

1 - 20 of 65 Posts