Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after three hours of finger slashing torture i fitted my dsci and i cant stop smiling im glad i weny for this instead of a new headunit as i keep turning the stereo down to hear all the pops and farts from the wastegate and dumpvalve absolutely every penny worth it.

Dreamscience

regards Ross

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yes very happy mate gave my neighbour a blast around the country and he is now persuading his wife to buy an
, thanks again Jared for the discount code and quick postage overall great service mate.

Regards Ross

·
Registered
557 Posts
done my last weekend, trouble is im now down to 17mpg!!!

I think im giving it some more than usual, to hear how great it sounds!

I think it just fuels it more with the extra air the maf is picking up but is definite quicker and sounds great now

Ordered an rs ecu cover as my under bonnets is a bit of a mess and the 2nd ecu bracket is ****ey.

Did you go under the pipe with the wiring or over?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree dean it deffo feels smoother and quicker i gave two of the brackets a little extra bend to make them better but rs ecu cover is a must i think but top marks for developing it couple of xtra bends on the bottom pipe bracket it fits a treat. Dean next mod for you has to be mongoose mine pops even more now then you will think 17mpg is decent lol me and the wife use the car everyday and we spend only 40 quid a week but that is winter driving it will probably double in the summer lol.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(rosscopeco13 @ 10 Feb 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree dean it deffo feels smoother and quicker i gave two of the brackets a little extra bend to make them better but rs ecu cover is a must i think but top marks for developing it couple of xtra bends on the bottom pipe bracket it fits a treat. Dean next mod for you has to be mongoose mine pops even more now then you will think 17mpg is decent lol me and the wife use the car everyday and we spend only 40 quid a week but that is winter driving it will probably double in the summer lol.

Just got mine today, got it from fordpartsuk for £61 all inclusive. Its not a flimsy piece of plastic as it may look in the photos, it seems of good quality (had a quick look dinnertime).

Might get some pics and report back

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(DeanST @ 11 Feb 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got mine today, got it from fordpartsuk for £61 all inclusive. Its not a flimsy piece of plastic as it may look in the photos, it seems of good quality (had a quick look dinnertime).

Might get some pics and report back

You won't regret it Dean - the RS ECU cover tidies up the engine bay brilliantly.

DS should consider "bundling" this with the actual induction kit. I guess it comes down to cost.....

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 11 Feb 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You won't regret it Dean - the RS ECU cover tidies up the engine bay brilliantly.

DS should consider "bundling" this with the actual induction kit. I guess it comes down to cost.....

Yes dave I agree. The standard DS kit does leave a lot to be desired, it is very bare bones. Not cheap either IMO.

I was going to leave MAF sensor socket pointing upwards and to releive the strain I had put the
loom over the pipe instead of behind like people have done. I later realised that it was a mess when
you tried to put the vacuum pipes back on!
So I had to rotate the maf sensor around a bit.
I had enough of the whole setup by then as I considered the ecu fixture quite temporary
and just had to get the 'rest of the kit' ie. the ecu cover

So rather than just stick it on quick im going to have a look over the weekend an tidy it all up if needed. Thats the prob with me, do jobs a bit too perfectionist so never 5 mins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts