Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a dsci cais but i have a few questions. I know this comes with a k+n filter but is it just an cone filter or does it come with a enclosed box or something like a heat sheild? I'm just asking because i heard the filter sits somewhere behind the front fog and sits quite low down, can this make it prone to getting soaked when goin through puddles. I wouldn't think it should be but i'd rather ask as you guys seem to know all the answers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(dave619 @ 4 Nov 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep it's a cone filter mate. I've had mine on for a year in all kinds of weather with no problems. It would have to be several inches deep to be a problem but then I wouldn't drive through that with or without the induction kit!!

QUOTE(Foz @ 4 Nov 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its an open cone, but dont forget you have the under-trays between the road and the engine, so it's gonna take you driving through a river to get water to the filter!

Thanks for the replys guys, always helpful as usuall

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im thinking of getting the DSCI on mine, what i dont want to loose is that great in cab roaring sound that the ST makes.. Is this still heard when you add the new CAI to the car or is that removed with the old box ?

Also can you hear the stock BOV dumping air back into the intake with this system & the turbo spooling more ?

Does anyone have any incab or windows down sound checks i can listen to ?

So many questions.. Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE(furiousgibbon @ 15 Nov 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You won't lose the growl, it is even more intense but accompanied by the sounds of the universe being engulfed by your car. It's awesome.

Here is a sample vid, windows up, Perf+ map, deresonated exhaust:

That does sound good.. Thanks for posting

Only thing im concerned about now is my car as a Sanspeed Stage1 upgrade which is how i bought it (Remap, Miltek cat back system, RR Tuned @ 283Bhp) and i don't know how the car would react with a CAI fitted

Any thoughts ? I think i'll give Sanspeed a call on Monday

http://www.sanspeed.net/flash8container.aspx?v=Sanspeed (search the car for stage 1)

·
Registered
278 Posts
QUOTE(furiousgibbon @ 15 Nov 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You won't lose the growl, it is even more intense but accompanied by the sounds of the universe being engulfed by your car. It's awesome.

Here is a sample vid, windows up, Perf+ map, deresonated exhaust:

Is there not an after market dump valve on there too or is that just the induction kit increasing the sound?

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE(Stu76 @ 15 Nov 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got it... lovin it...
sound is something else

Do you thinkmy stage 1 tune from Sanspeed would handle a new intake though ?

I beleive they use Bluefin to remap all there cars, they are a dealer for them so i'm guessing its just a stage 1 bluefun map?

Just been looking on Youtube though, they sound very much like my old 08 STI with an induction on it.. very sweet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.