Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get DS stage 1 (possibly stage 2 depending how the money is) what kind of 0-60 figures would I be looking at? Top speed is irrelevant as it high unlikly I'll ever get the chance to do it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
0-60 is highly irrevant as the st is slow off the line you may shade about 0.5sec off if you are lucky it's all about the rolling starts with the ST and ride the wave of torque.

And if you like your clutch and driveshafts I would not recommend many 0-60 attempts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
0-60 with any map = fried drive shafts unless you get uprated ones.

DS map wise, I would go with Perf + and also DSCi

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
0-60 is irrelevant too. Driveshafts are made out of chocolate so the st does not like standing starts,

From rolling is the st's strongpoint mate.

50 onwards and a 300ish bhp st can keep up with some serious machinery.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I bought the ST back in septemper I have never attempted a 0-60 and going by your advive I certainly not going to start doing it now.

·
Registered
622 Posts
If you was to try 0-60 then never drop the clutch for a quick start.

Just pull away normally while adding more gas till 3k-4k then hit second then its easy street from there, but smashing 6k in first gear will be pointless and wont be using the full potential of 2nd gear

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
So it's the lesser Mod maps then

Although I do like how the only really useful mods on that Stage 2 package is the intercooler and remap. The stock cat-back and induction kit are good for around 300BHP anyways. Money making exercise yey!
The sound would be worth the money tho

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,095 Posts
DS Race+ map will drop the 0-60 by 0.5sec if your clutch is up to it.

My 55-plate ST could do this no problem, but my 2008 FL cluch aint up to it...

I wouldnt do anything til you've tried just a re-map, other mods can make little difference and cost a lot.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Definitely agree with the CAIS, the DS cat-back I'm not so sure. I love the sound of the Mongoose exhaust, but wondering if it'll be too quiet coming from my De-res+Decat...
Ive got a decat'd mongoose with the ds ind kit and the sound is awesome, the only negative I would say is that I get a drone around 65-75 mph its tolerable on long runs but my motorway mileage is few and far between ...the around town sound more than makes up for any negatives.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts