Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this handset with 4 lives and 7 mods. Any ideas what this is worth or would be worth if I sold with 3 lives?

Just wondering what would be advised as the best option for my current mods.

I have DIY DS style induction system and an Airtec Gen3 intercooler with RS ram scoop.

Next on my list was full exhaust, but hey ho haha.

Cheers

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Around 300?

You do know that you can't install a map and then sell it on though right?
You would have to put your car back to the standard map before selling the handset on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Around 300?

You do know that you can't install a map and then sell it on though right?
You would have to put your car back to the standard map before selling the handset on.
Isn't that what the lives system is for?

I thought me using it would be one life? So if I sold it on without returning my car to standard that would leave it on 3 lives.

What are the lives for then?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You have to return your car back to stock before you can sell it on, well you can sell it on, but there would be 1 very very unhappy buyer!

It can be used on up-to 5 cars, each VIN code uses a life, and you cant change it to another vin, if the STAT=AFTERMARKET on the screen of the unit as it will not reload onto the next car.

you need to return your car to stock so it says STAT=STOCK before you sell it on

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh I understand now, so if I returned it and sold it on, it would have 3 lives regardless as my ECU has used a life. Makes sense now.

I didn't fully understand the lives issue.

Anyhoo, based on my mods, which map would people recommend?

Also, I paid £130 for the handset

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Oh I understand now, so if I returned it and sold it on, it would have 3 lives regardless as my ECU has used a life. Makes sense now.

Bargain!
As long as the previous owner didn't think the same thing as you about the 'lives' mate

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bargain!
As long as the previous owner didn't think the same thing as you about the 'lives' mate
I plugged it in to check lol. Just haven't loaded anything too her yet.

Going to finish off my Sunday clean first as it's not raining for once. Time for a quick wash

·
Registered
7,012 Posts

If you let people know what maps are on it mate people will be able to recommend one based on what you have available?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts