Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi,

I think I have pretty much decided that im going to get myself a DS cat-back, soon hopefully if the insurance company would pick up the phone

I am covered with Green Light, who is underwritten by Highway, who is part of Liverpool Victoria.....Who do I call to make changes to my policy????

The cat back makes no power gains, so should it just be the £30 admin charge to put it on the policy?

Cheers

Jono

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(jonomitch87 @ 23 Jan 2010, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

I think I have pretty much decided that im going to get myself a DS cat-back,

All I'll say is get on the phone to Jared, the exhausts are on back order already, they are very very popular at the minute! Hopefully my full system will be here next week!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Les @ 23 Jan 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the new DS cat-Back design looks nice.

Les

It certainly does, which is why they are sold out! It apparently sounds as good as it looks. Boostjunkie has been waiting on his for about a month, part of his DS level 2 package. Honestly guys if you want one soon, get it ordered ASAP!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Yes i have and finally maybe get it all fitted this week

If anyone wants one, order it now as they are having a batch of a 100 in i think but these will go VERY QUICKLY!!!

And you can email neil from greenlight on here but you will have to ring them to tell them but for a cat back id say they would just charge you a £25 admin fee.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE(jonomitch87 @ 23 Jan 2010, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

I think I have pretty much decided that im going to get myself a DS cat-back, soon hopefully if the insurance company would pick up the phone

I am covered with Green Light, who is underwritten by Highway, who is part of Liverpool Victoria.....Who do I call to make changes to my policy????

The cat back makes no power gains, so should it just be the £30 admin charge to put it on the policy?

Cheers

Jono

Someone on astra owners network had here insurance through them via a broker. He told them about all his mods on his car and the broker said it was not a problem and "adjusted" his policy. When he smashed his car up Highway did not know about his mods and everything went booby's up!
Just make sure everything is correctly documented in your policy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers peeps - i have already e-mailed jared about getting one ordered - just waiting for a reply
cant wait

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(converted chris @ 23 Jan 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Someone on astra owners network had here insurance through them via a broker. He told them about all his mods on his car and the broker said it was not a problem and "adjusted" his policy. When he smashed his car up Highway did not know about his mods and everything went booby's up!
Just make sure everything is correctly documented in your policy.

Something similar happened to me on my Elise with AXA.

I new I was going to go for a flip paint job so at inceptionsl I asked if this was going to be a probelm, they said no.

When I had it done, I told them I had changed the colour to a flip, thye said not a problem this is not classed as a mod, i pointed out it cost £6,000 and if damaged in any way will be a full respray, thye again said no problem.

I also wrote to them to confimr the change, I got no reply.

Then you guessed it, I had a bump and it needed a new fromt clam, crash box, lights and due to the paint finish, a full respray.

What a nightmare, first there was no probelm re the tyre of paint but thye would not agree repair times, i complained and the senior engineer picked up in the paint finish and then put a stop on the claim. After 4 months they agreed that they would on this occasion cover the paint (no doubt because they had messed up) It then took another 5 months agruing over repair costs, they were not happy that the proforma I gave them because it detailed all neccessary nuts and bolts, they said this was unreasonable, so who did they think would pay for them if they didn't??? They wanted to send the car 150+ miles away for repair to save a few £££'s

I funded the repairs and it took 9 months from the accident (and me threatening to claim/sue for loss of use due to breach of contract etc) to eventually get all the money out of them.

My recommendation is do not insure with AXA and do not relly on a phone call/PM etc

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the insurance is altered....£25 admin fee.
and the exhaust is ordered

Also asked how much adding the down pipe and race cat would be at a later stage - reply "£25-40", Greenlight are the dogs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts