1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,,
How bad is the drone of a de cat please
Is it at a certain revs etc,,
Wanting to put a de cat on to increase the volume and more pops etc but hate the droning noise as you are always driving around it

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
QUOTE(Northy 8 @ 1 Mar 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi ,,
Wanting to put a de cat on to increase the volume and more pops etc but hate the droning noise as you are always driving around it
shouldnt get a drone from just the de-cat mate for the ultimate pops and bangs get a downpipe aswell

·
Registered
47 Posts
Personally i found it unbearable at motorway speeds with the mongoose cat back. Had to go to Wales and back, a round trip of 300 or so miles, and took it off the next day.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have a decat on my ST and boy does it drone. Last weekend i drove for about 2 hours non stop and by the end my ears were ringing just like my old clubbing days
. I do have the Piper system which is one of the loudest

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
QUOTE(Northy 8 @ 1 Mar 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi ,,

Hi I have a milltek full system with decat and don't get any drone at any speed, so I would say its down to catback manufacturer more than decat or 3"downpipe.
This is when cruising at motorway speeds, when you put the engine under more load it gets louder obviously, hope this helps

jim

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies
I am not sure what to do then
The mongoose cat back just isn;t enough diff from the stock 1 for me,,
Would 1 of the 2 above help with the noise,
Ie just a de cat or just a frt pipe
Cheers
paul

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(chuzz @ 1 Mar 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personally i found it unbearable at motorway speeds with the mongoose cat back. Had to go to Wales and back, a round trip of 300 or so miles, and took it off the next day.

chuzz do you mean turbo back, as i already have cat back and is so quite

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(weSTie @ 1 Mar 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just get both mate unleash a few more horses

I no mate, I want too plus a better noise, but had an evo at 500bhp with 110db @ 4000rpm and had to get a quieter exhaust on after a few weeks as it drove me mad

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had one with my piper and droned way too much so took it off, but when had the down pipe done it quietened down some more
Got my decat sitting at home if your interested, 3" magnex one ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.