Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey up folks, was just shared this on facebook. Probably the most hard-hitting video/advertising campaign I have watched about drink driving. Its from Australia, and it hit home watching this. None of the soft campaigns we have over here.

*THIS IS QUITE GRAPHIC*

Dont do it, keep safe x​

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
If only we could show ads like that over here. But there'd be people moaning about it.

We definitely need a zero drink drive limit. Only problem being that people will still drink as they will assume they won't be caught.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Tell and show it how it really is thats the best way of trying to deter DD but it will never happen, well not in the UK anyway, to may politically correct no gooders in places where decisions can be made........but i do agree that there should be zero tolerance on drivers who drink and drive and thats coming from some one that has been down that stupid path in the past

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,760 Posts
I've seen this video before but it's still pretty shocking. Would it actually work for those idiots that think it's fine to drive after several drinks? I don't know - but it's worth a try.

Problem with a 'zero' tolerance drink drive limit is it would be very easy to be have a trace the following morning after drinking even a very modest amount. The way your body works means it takes ages to get to zero. There are also some drugs and foods that could trigger a trace (think sherry trifle or tiramisu).

I certainly think the limit should be lower though.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I've seen this video before but it's still pretty shocking. Would it actually work for those idiots that think it's fine to drive after several drinks? I don't know - but it's worth a try.

Problem with a 'zero' tolerance drink drive limit is it would be very easy to be have a trace the following morning after drinking even a very modest amount. The way your body works means it takes ages to get to zero. There are also some drugs and foods that could trigger a trace (think sherry trifle or tiramisu).

I certainly think the limit should be lower though.
I agree with the above otherwise its stinging the guy who has a few honest beers the night before with a trace of alcohol in the morning and some one being full of
driving home after 10 pints...

·
Registered
418 Posts
thats the only drink driving video thats ever has an "effect" on me. think we need to see more things like this shown over here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts