Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a remap on my ST3, fairly new member and have read all sorts of things in the magazines but see that dreamscience is a strong option. I am a little confused as someone told me that a second hand (used) unit would not work on my car, can someone please clarify

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(olliest3 @ 28 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking for a remap on my ST3, fairly new member and have read all sorts of things in the magazines but see that dreamscience is a strong option. I am a little confused as someone told me that a second hand (used) unit would not work on my car, can someone please clarify

The DS unit comes with 5 lives and loses 1 everytime you use it on ANOTHER car! If you change maps on your own car this is unaffected so as long as the unit has at least 1 life left it will work fine! A good tip is not to listen to people who know jack
lol!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(olliest3 @ 28 Jan 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am looking for a remap on my ST3, fairly new member and have read all sorts of things in the magazines but see that dreamscience is a strong option. I am a little confused as someone told me that a second hand (used) unit would not work on my car, can someone please clarify
don't see why it won't work mate. they can be used on 5 cars , hence the second hand ones vary in price depending on how many "lives" are left. don't ask me about the maps though as dreamscience have more than google earth
perf, perf+, race, race+ dsci, mfi, mod hp brown & soon to be launched mod x heinz, which will really let you give it the beans
im sure after this the DS converts will come along and the floodgates will open.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
normal stratagem with 5 maps will suit any car .

the Stratagem 7 converted unit with modB+ ModC etc etc will only work with its matching ecu ie. 7BUE 7BUF and 7BUG .

hope this helps

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
QUOTE(james-st @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>normal stratagem with 5 maps will suit any car .

the Stratagem 7 converted unit with modB+ ModC etc etc will only work with its matching ecu ie. 7BUE 7BUF and 7BUG .

hope this helps

+1 As above, as long as it has remaining lives the 5 race version will fit, the later models with extra maps have to be fitted to a car with the same ECU update, or it has to go back to dreamscience to be reset

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
If your buying one second hand make sure that the previous owner return the car to stock before selling the dreamscience.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(james-st @ 29 Jan 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>normal stratagem with 5 maps will suit any car .

hope this helps

QUOTE(Stoper @ 29 Jan 2010, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>+1 As above, as long as it has remaining lives the 5 race version will fit, the later models with extra maps have to be fitted to a car with the same ECU update, or it has to go back to dreamscience to be reset

I think youll find that ALL the DS units will only work on later cars if they have the latest firmware! Once updated though they will work with whatever strategy your ECU is running! As far as i know the update is also free and if its the old Stratagem unit will give you the Dsci map!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 29 Jan 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think youll find that ALL the DS units will only work on later cars if they have the latest firmware! Once updated though they will work with whatever strategy your ECU is running! As far as i know the update is also free and if its the old Stratagem unit will give you the Dsci map!

Not the Statagem7 , I had to supply my ECU code to Jared for the upgrade to make sure it worked ok with my car.
It will only work on the same ECU .
I've just sold mine for the new DSCI laptop version.
I'm meeting the buyer to read his ECU before he buys it from me, confirmed from Jared at DS.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(james-st @ 29 Jan 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not the Statagem7 , I had to supply my ECU code to Jared for the upgrade to make sure it worked ok with my car.
It will only work on the same ECU .
I've just sold mine for the new DSCI laptop version.
I'm meeting the buyer to read his ECU before he buys it from me, confirmed from Jared at DS.

Yes as i said if its the older firmware version it wont work with a 7AG ECU version! But once the firmware is upgraded it will work with all 3 ECU versions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts