Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im going to get the car mapped this month on a rolling road and have decided to go for the Dreamscience map..

A) Is it a good bit of kit?

B) Any issues)

C) Would you buy a new unit or second hand one?!?! and if so anyone selling one?!

Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
yes you can buy a 2nd hand dreamsciences handset just make sure it as lives left on it, and if buying one of these you do not need to have the car put on a rolling road

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers bully, ive read it might make a difference if you map the car on a rolling road as it its being tuned specifically to your car, or is there no difference?!

·
Registered
327 Posts
QUOTE(St3Wales @ 7 Jan 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>cheers bully, ive read it might make a difference if you map the car on a rolling road as it its being tuned specifically to your car, or is there no difference?!

depends how far you want to go with the mods you put on your car. if the car is standard then the dream sciences handset will more than do. if your going to change the complete exhaust system including cat and down pipe, intercooler, put on a induction kit then ones you done that you can have maps added to the handset to suit your car.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTEA) Is it a good bit of kit?

Yes will transform car as I have just found. (I got the Computer DSCI one for £400 xmas offer, but you can OC offers anyway)

QUOTEB) Any issues)

Yes lot more torque/quicker car, dont wrap it up with ice and snow at the moment

Seriously, car is a lot more fun. Plus you can show off more when passing your mates

QUOTEC) Would you buy a new unit or second hand one?!?! and if so anyone selling one?!

Have a look in the relevant area on here, usually ones going.

Doesnt matter really, I got the DSCI because im into computers anyway so could get a new one for £400 but there are handsets on here available cheaper
second hand. Doesnt make any difference its a software programmer so doesnt really suffer from wear and tear and like said here they just have a limit on how many cars you can do (1 car is 1 life but you can re-program your car as many times as you like).

Id go for one of the more recent ones if buying 2nd hand

Just get it

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the replies. Ive got a mongoose full exhaust, pro alloy intercooler and AS Gen 2 CAIS so ive got the other mods just going for the tuning now.

One more question i promise.... If you buy a second hand unit, say the previous owner uses Race +, im presuming that this wont be on the unit when i use it!?!?

Cheers

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE(St3Wales @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks all for the replies. Ive got a mongoose full exhaust, pro alloy intercooler and AS Gen 2 CAIS so ive got the other mods just going for the tuning now.

One more question i promise.... If you buy a second hand unit, say the previous owner uses Race +, im presuming that this wont be on the unit when i use it!?!?

Cheers

Nope, once the handset is flashed back it releases all the maps again for the next person to use

Im running dreamscience DSCI map off the handset now, and cant rate it enough

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(St3Wales @ 8 Jan 2010, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks all for the replies. Ive got a mongoose full exhaust, pro alloy intercooler and AS Gen 2 CAIS so ive got the other mods just going for the tuning now.

Cheers

You have full mods (Turbo back exhaust, induction kit and intercooler) so I'd buy a second hand DS unit and send it off to DS to be upgraded to include Mod C etc.

Actually... Thinking about it I'd run around with DSCi map on for a few months as it will make you smile as it's such a big increase in power and torque. Then, when you're used to it I'd upgrade to Mod C

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(St3Wales @ 9 Jan 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers people!!! Its a no brainer then really isnt it!!!

Simo, what are you running now then on the mod C!?

Mongoose 3" downpipe, sports cat and cat back. DSCi Induction, Airtec Gen 3 Intercooler.

With DSCi map it was holding about 1.1 bar. Mod C stays at the top of the gauge for 95% of the rev range

Chris

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,248 Posts
Oh, and another advantage with DS... you can swap maps or go back to stock to suit the road / weather conditions... pretty useful with all this ice and snow where big boost can be a problem ...

If you get Mountuned for example you are 'stuck with it' whatever the weather ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.