Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have been driving for about 3 months on dreamscience stratagem deviece i really like all the maps. although i have been experienceing clutch slipage in higher gears i know i need to uprate it to the rs clutch version but unless i can pay for it in installments it aint gonna happen yet. i have the 5 map version does anyone know which map woul work best untill i can afford a new clutch as its drivable as standard but still want abit more power without frying my clutch

·
Registered
590 Posts
the stock one,

had exactly the same problem when i loaded dsci, went down to stoc, then perf + but still had slippage.
you can leave it on the map you have now just take it easy

·
Registered
310 Posts
take the map off and you will have no slip! the ST clutch cant handle the maps i have found out the hard way lol

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
FFS from all the stories I dont think its worth wasting money trying to remap unless you want to spend the £800 for an RS Clutch.

Is there any out there with like a 280lb ish?

Id be
off if i bought a map with my xmas money and find out i cant even use it because the clutch slip. Theres more bad stories than there is good.

I think really, if you dont want slip dont map the car

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
Stage 3 here for well over three years on the standard clutch

Just don't tell anybody I drive like an old fart

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
All non-standard maps can and very often do expose the weakness in the standard ST clutch.

However, you can drive around the problem until funds allow for uprated clutch. Its not like the clutch is worn it just cant handle the additional torque in some instances.

My clutch started slipping about a week after having the Mountune MP260 upgrade and that is Ford approved.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Been driving on dsci for almost 2 years on the stock clutch with so far no problems, just dont boost from low revs in higher gears.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Drove mine on a Pumabuild stage 3 map for a year with no slip and have only just gone RS for 2 reasons one being it has started to slip but I'm also going stage 4 so would have needed it anyway

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Drop to perf+ and stop booting the car from low revs in a high gear, when you want to accelerate, drop down into 3rd or even 2nd and use the revs. Its the torque from low in hte rev range that creates slip, just use revs instead.

My old ST ran 300bhp, 350lb/ft on the standard clutch with no problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay cheers i might upload one soon just got gutted when i uploaded one and my clutch sliped so returned it to stock

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mines all good at 25k (10 plate) on DSCi. I only drive her occasionally so when I do she gets beasted a bit... lol... no slipping

Im counting myself lucky lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Mines all good no sign of any slip and I'm not hanging about lol but think it maybe as it had a new clutch 5k ago

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,095 Posts
Got slip after 2 weeks on DS Race so swapped to Perf+ (good for Winter anyway) and its pretty good, very little slip and still a lot faster than stock...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts