Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was lucky enough to recieve my dreamscience tuning platform on Friday evening. OH YEAH!!

After a few test laps and a shocking analysis session on my newly 'enhanced' fuel consumption figures I've realised that some of the more 'sporty' tunes will not suite the 9-5 rush hour traffic and therefore will be saved for the likes of weekends and bank holidays!

Anyway, this brings me to the entire point of this post. What the
do I tell my insurance company?

Obviously they need to know something but do I tell them that I simply have the ability to adjust the performance of my car by approx 50bhp when ever I feel like it?

I'm sure they will love that!

Anyway If someone could let me know how they have addressed this with their isurance provider its would be most handy. Seen as I'm covered by the NFU I've got a funny feeling they are not going to care to much! However it is always better to be sure with these things!

Also on a second note. Does anyone have the Approx BHP of all of the different stratagem tunes?

I know I've found them before I made my purchase in a pinned thread somewhere but I can't find them again for the life of me.

Thanks All

Mogs

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Is your car standard apart from the DS ? You need to let your insurance company know anyway, not worth taking the risk and giving the insurance company any reason to withhold a claim.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,195 Posts
QUOTE(Mogsy.uk @ 31 Jan 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyway If someone could let me know how they have addressed this with their isurance provider its would be most handy. Seen as I'm covered by the NFU I've got a funny feeling they are not going to care to much! However it is always better to be sure with these things!

Nothing to it. Just tell them what you have done.

I told my insurance company that I had a re-map that gave 50 BHP over standard and all they did was to charge me £180.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Once all mods are declared they usually ask what % performance increase it all should give, doesn't need to be exact just a estimation so they can work out extra ££££'s.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!

I thought I was over complicating the situation. I'll give the NFU a bell in the morning and see what they have to say.

Oh and PhilJB, My ST is is just factory standard to answer you question.

I'll post up here tomorrow with the extra Damage from the NFU, Hopefully I can get near Dabhand16's £180. Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Thanks Again.

R

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,195 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 31 Jan 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I rang mine and told them , mines gone up £80 including the £10 admin charge
I'm with lv through chris knott

I was with LV for 10 years and they would not insure my ST without me fitting a tracker and the excess was £500! Two cars insured for ten years with only one no fault claim that had a 100% payout from the third party.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got the response back from the NFU. Their underwriters must be based on Mars the length of time it took for them to get back to me.

Thinking about it tho I guess theres not much demand for doing a Remap on a tractor!

Either way. after an extra £177 a year myself and the parter are now super tuned up and definatley road legal.

Oh the drive home tonight will be most fun!

Thanks again for the advice guys

R

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
I went with Adrian Flux - paid a flat-rate amount for a 50bhp increase and was still cheaper than my prev insurer for the standard car !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts