Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

finally got my second hand DS installed in the car, wow what a difference, wish I had bought it in the summer...

Im running DSCI map at the moment but im going to tone it down for one of the softer maps over winter, had massive wheelspin in 3rd accelerating up a hill saturday night.... Question is do I need to flash back to stock, then install the new map, or can I go straight from DSCI to say Perf +? Sorry for the noob question

Also, should the shift light be activated with the DS remap?

Thanks,

Mark

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(mbaker @ 9 Nov 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys,

finally got my second hand DS installed in the car, wow what a difference, wish I had bought it in the summer...

Im running DSCI map at the moment but im going to tone it down for one of the softer maps over winter, had massive wheelspin in 3rd accelerating up a hill saturday night.... Question is do I need to flash back to stock, then install the new map, or can I go straight from DSCI to say Perf +? Sorry for the noob question

Also, should the shift light be activated with the DS remap?

Thanks,

Mark

Yup - you can chop and change between maps on the same car without going back to stock first!!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The shift light should be activated by the DS but only on pre-facelift cars IIRC. I think face-lift have some sort of 'eco-light'

D
S
--------

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
Try the Perf+ map mate... still great pull but less sudden than Race+ / DSCI...

Engine sounds great too with no turbo-whistle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts