Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a second hand Stratagem, It shows Rev 2.17 and I want to put it on a brand new ST,

Will I need to update it first ? Is there a way of telling prior to using it?

·
1,285 Posts
Hmmmmm... not sure on that one I am afraid.. I have checked my packaging and it's not on mine!

I will let one of the experts comment. No need to worry, I am sure it's fine!

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Storm @ 30 Dec 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmmmm... not sure on that one I am afraid.. I have checked my packaging and it's not on mine!

I will let one of the experts comment. No need to worry, I am sure it's fine!

Its the information stored in the unit itself, just plugged it into the PC and was going through the menu, I just wondered if it will matter on the software version against a brand new motor???

·
Registered
476 Posts
QUOTE(Stu76 @ 30 Dec 2009, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi m8y,
don't think it makes any difference to be honest - just plug in and play

Just been on the Dreamscience forums m8y... not specific to your original question but if you did want to get it upgraded...found the following:

"hi i have a focus st 225, by a mistake i dowgrade my stratagem duo to 2.17...
its was come with 2.19... now...i cant find the upgrade to 2.19 and i need to read the version of my ECU to know if my dealer already upgrade the lastest version of it..."

"Hi sir,

We removed this particular download as we have had cases of people killing their handset and now that we do not stock them and we cannot replace them we had to remove it.

You will need to send in yoour handset for us to upgrade it.

many thanks

[email protected]"

Hope this helps m8y :)

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for your help, i think that is to upgrade to the DUO though,

Hopefully it will work straight away though

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
My Strategem had different firmware to my car (The handset had Perf, Perf +, Race, Race + and DSCi) and it still worked.

When I upgraded to get Mod C etc I had to plug the handset in to read the version of my ecu. It didnt work so I had to update the firmware on the handset to be able to read my car's ecu version. Only then could I uprade to the new maps.

So from my experience for the normal maps it makes no difference at all, only when you have Mod C etc is the handset matched to your version of the ecu.

Hope this makes sense

Chris

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Simo @ 30 Dec 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Strategem had different firmware to my car (The handset had Perf, Perf +, Race, Race + and DSCi) and it still worked.

When I upgraded to get Mod C etc I had to plug the handset in to read the version of my ecu. It didnt work so I had to update the firmware on the handset to be able to read my car's ecu version. Only then could I uprade to the new maps.

So from my experience for the normal maps it makes no difference at all, only when you have Mod C etc is the handset matched to your version of the ecu.

Hope this makes sense

Chris

Perfect sense,

It has 5 tunes on it, so it should be o.k

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fitted and working
but could do with a dry road....... but Wow

Strange thing is it showed 5 lives, and after installing to mine it now shows 4lives

1 - 12 of 12 Posts