Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys just purchased my prefacelift panther black st3 a week and half ago now
, im a newbie at this modding stuff. ive been looking at dreamscience website and come across this performance upgrade. i just wanted to know your views on it... it sounds handy because where im inexperienced i dont have to search all different companies for different parts ie the sports cat back, induction etc... im pretty sure i definitly want the dsci cais as ive heard good reviews about them..

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/f...ing-upgrade.php

cheers guys

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
along mate
. You wont go wrong with the Dreamscience set-up . I have the complete Ds set-up all bar the exhaust which was not available when i modded mine . It does what it says on the box

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies

sorry for the more questions but will the intercooler be needed with this package at a later date, and what benefits would i gain from a turbo downpipe

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I have the DS full 3" system, race cat, down pipe and cat back.

The downpipe is an excellent upgrade, it helps the turbo spool up much much quicker as it has the capacity to remove alot more exhaust hot gases alot quicker. You will certainly notice a difference.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(shanej21 @ 16 Feb 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks for the replies

sorry for the more questions but will the intercooler be needed with this package at a later date, and what benefits would i gain from a turbo downpipe

Yes intercooler will be need. With the ST, when engine temps get high which it will with stage 1, the ECU backs the power off basically to keep the engine safe but with intercooler, it won't do this so ull never loose power in theory

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Standard intercooler is rubbish even on a standard car when the weather gets warm. It was one of those things that I put off buying for ages as it doesn't give any power

Had it fitted just before summer and there was a BIG difference. Well recommended. I bought the Airtec Gen 3 as it came out top of a magazine group test and is only £270 delivered compared to £500 for the other brands

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers for the help it has been very useful i'll let you know how i get on, it will take me a few months to get a grand saved up though lol.

dan i would but like i just said im skint till i get the money im saving up but cheers anyway though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts