Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a standard ST 2006 and am thinking of maybe tuning it in the new year

Which is better the Mountune Pack or The Dreamscience performance pack 1 or 2

I know the Dreamscience has more BHP but in a video i watched the Mountune ST beat a 300BHP Graham Goode Racing ST

What do you think i need some advice

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think grayham goode use bluefin tuning
not 100% on that though ... personally though i use dreamscience alot more for you money if u use ds id say but its worth it getting the intercooler and the induction kit also

·
Registered
773 Posts
We have DS too - and I am impressed with it. Hopefully getting the cais in the early part of next year too but it runs really well with the standard engine set up.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've got mountune on my car and love it but as you dont have the warranty on your car anymore think you would be better off going with the DS IMO. As Liam said more for your money and your not stuck with it like you are with the mountune.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I have Ds as well . Does what it says it should . I may be wrong but the video you saw possiably had a experienced road tester driving the Mountune car . I does make a difference

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you, mines standard at the moment but i plan to tune it next year. I've read most of the treads about both DS and mountune and the general feeling i get is that the mountune is the best of the 2. however dreamscience is almost as good but for less money and you can take it off when you come to sell the car. its swings and round abouts really, i think since my car is brand new (09) im probablly going to get the mountune.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'd go with DS. You can take the DS map off anyway if it needs to go back into ford so it doesn't make a difference.

Mountune's fine if you want your 260bhp upgrade and your warranty and then you're happy but if you want to go any further (sportscat, induction kit etc) it will void the warranty. Strangely even Mountune's own downpipe and sports cat void the warranty which is strange to me as it gets rid of the only possible advantage of having Mountune on your new car!

Plus there is a big difference between a K&N panel filter and a proper induction kit and the Mountune map doesn't run well with a full induction kit.

I'd go with DS as there is a map to suit every stage of your car's modifications. If you are happy with 260bhp and leaving it there then I'd say Mountune. But if you are anything like me you will get used to the power and want more so I'd say DS!

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts