Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals

As the title suggests we have just launched a new style exhaust CAT back this week, this replaces the previous CAT back and has several differences over the previous design.

From listening to our customers feedback we decided to develop a new Cat back system in conjunction with BlueFlame Performance which follows the same style and route as the original system. Our previous CAT back had a Y split section much higher up compared to this new system, the advantages of changing this design are,

1) The attractive stainless steel in line resonators are now visible from the rear of the car, and are branded dreamscience.
2) The tone of the exhaust has been altered to reduce low tone resinance and increase the mid range tone making a deep but crisp note.
3) The in line resonators are closer together and equidistant making an awsome and unique exhaust tone which compliments the 5 cylinder worble.
4) The flow rate and thus performance has improved with this new design.
5) The entire full exhaust system fits in one box 150 x 40 x 30 and thus shipped safely and neatly.

All dsci edition exhausts are shipped with full fitting kits including new down pipe bolts and gaskets including downpipe gasket, all clamps etc.

This new ST225 system follows the exact same route, styling and principle as our new Focus RS MK2 system which sounds awsome and it has the same 2 in line resonators, equidistant with the 90 degree bends at the rear.

This new ST225 system is on our Christmas offer and is now just £835 for the full system.

Bicycle part Composite material Nickel Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Bumper Rim

Automotive exhaust Bicycle part Nickel Composite material Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Bumper Gas

Web extract

"The dsci exhaust is constructed from 304 grade aircraft spec stainless steel, it is mandrel bent to ensure a smooth and unrestricted exit of gasses from the engine, this is also helped by the 100 cell FIA approved race cat, 3" downpipe and the 3" cat back.

This exhaust does not use the traditional large silencer at the rear of the vehicle as we have chosen to use two inline resonators, not only do they give a sporty sound they have a unique look and save weight.

We have not used a conventional sports cat, instead we have incorporated a very free flowing 100 cell FIA approved race cat which has been thoroughly tested and will not trigger the MIL light (Emmission light) or fail an MOT.

With the dreamscience Exhaust system you have the choice between two tip styles, 4" slash cut hard edge and 4" slash cut rolled in, (Tips in illustration above are rolled in) its supplied with three replacement genuine ford copper downpipe bolts and a genuine ford downpipe gasket."

As per my previous offer any fitting done at Dreamscience gets a free before and after rolling road session to show how confident we are in our dsci range of products.

All the best

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
That looks the dogs danglies Jared! That race cat sounds very interesting too! What the difference from that to a normal 100cpi cat? Overall how much louder is it compared to standard? Looks like i might well be paying you a visit once my standard cat back finishes rusting through!

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(davo1983 @ 21 Nov 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This does look great,
Im running out of things to do to my car so may start to change parts just so i can keep doing things to it

Whats the price of the cat back?

It's £345 mate

Jared

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Jared

That is beyond great, a real innovation as usual from DS!

I will be up as soon as I can wangle some time away from the office to get the thing fitted, it has answered all of the slight misgivings I had about the previous DS/Blueflame system.

S

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Si @ 21 Nov 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jared

That is beyond great, a real innovation as usual from DS!

I will be up as soon as I can wangle some time away from the office to get the thing fitted, it has answered all of the slight misgivings I had about the previous DS/Blueflame system.

S

Will be good to see you again mate, I'll have the kettle ready.

Jared

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(dave619 @ 23 Nov 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have already got everything else of yours, would love to have this too, but sadly already have a full exhaust system

No worries Sir, we appreciate your support, it's the thought that counts

All the best

Jared

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
A new Scotland South member has just took advantage of this deal today by ordering the downpipe,sportscat and catback and is saying I am due him half the money for making him buy it

I was only trying to give a bit advice

Does look very good though

·
Registered
264 Posts
I want to ear others STs with that System.. its looks awesome really... I hope sounds awesome too..

What I dont like about many exhaust systems is the sound at constant speed and rpms between 2000-3000 (110 - 130 km/hr)... aprox. At that RPMS there is a sound that cover my ears.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts