Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Dreamscience - Most Economical Map

949 views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Trist 
#1 ·
Hi, Had the STRATAGEM ULTRA fitted and all the other mods at the weekend, I have been using Race + since then but noticed the fuel dissapering very fast
What is a more economical map for every day use, as I do use the car every day

See less See more
#2 ·
QUOTE(IansFrenzy @ 18 Nov 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, Had the STRATAGEM ULTRA fitted and all the other mods at the weekend, I have been using Race + since then but noticed the fuel dissapering very fast
What is a more economical map for every day use, as I do use the car every day

Stock. But then you would loose that smile you've had since the weekend

A remap is all about smiles per gallon. Not miles per gallon.

#5 ·
Ian, what are you like you've only been modded 2 mins, anyway thought of 2 ways to improve your MPG;

Donate your cat back, intercooler and CAIS to a good cause
(me
) or................................

Take a couple of plugs out that usually slows things down a bit.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Trickster @ 18 Nov 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ian, what are you like you've only been modded 2 mins, anyway thought of 2 ways to improve your MPG;Donate your cat back, intercooler and CAIS to a good cause
(me
) or................................Take a couple of plugs out that usually slows things down a bit.

Very funny Rich -
YOU forgot to ask for the Eibachs - lol

Performance + it is, ran it today, back up to 32 MPG combined. Thanks everyone who posted back.

#9 ·
QUOTE(dandyfat @ 22 Nov 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i am thinking of having mine mapped myself but how in the world do you get 32mpg out of an
,you must be a genius

Nah - Couple of days after getting Mountune done I nipped to Silverstone. Boring roads on route so on the way back did a mpg check out of interest - 163 miles, 35.2mpg. There was an 11 mile stretch of 50mph limit on M1 though which would have helped. With that map it's dead easy to leave in top when cruising and just use the torque.
I'm sure the DS is similar.

#10 ·
I've done a few comparisons and found DSCI was very good on a run , aver was around the 34-36 mpg at 70mph.
definately avoid modB best was only 25mpg on the same run

ModC is very good too still achived 34mpg and lots of power when required.
I'm currently running STOC map which seems good also but I've not done a run yet.

I have noticed that on my normal commute the mpg has fallen by a few mpg but I think thats due to the colder temps now.

#11 ·
I've put Perf + on mine on Friday, haven't noticed any improvements in MPG from DSCi yet, although the Shell garages down here are all out of V Power, so I have to use the normal unleaded for time being, which my ST really drinks, is this normal?

Perf + really makes the engine note sing, and pops more than DSCI.

#14 ·
QUOTE(newtoallofthis @ 22 Nov 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>eh?

how can modB be worse on fuel than modC, when its supposed to be slower?

Modb was the 1st gen map from DS for fully modded cars and was more 'brutal'.
ModB+ and ModC are the most recent so I guess they've changed a lot of parameters now on these as they are much smoother in power delivery.
I'm sure DS would explain this in more detail.

#18 ·
QUOTE(IansFrenzy @ 19 Nov 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very funny Rich -
YOU forgot to ask for the Eibachs - lol

Performance + it is, ran it today, back up to 32 MPG combined. Thanks everyone who posted back.

I swapped to Perf + on friday and checked the mpg today.. 17.6mpg (no heavy foot either I must say) LOOOL switched back to mod b... god I love this map!

#19 ·
I dont find much difference in MPG between Perf + and DSCi, I find you have to press more to get anything, which was weird after coming from DSCi, but it's ok now. Much easier to get traction to overtake with Pref+, DSCi you just wheelspin past them

#21 ·
I used to be getting 17mpg around London from GGR300 map compared to 20-22mph i used to be getting out of race+. However, i changed MAF recently and hey presto, the mpg is back to 20!

I'm not sure what's the optimal service interval on MAFs those who close to 30k miles may think about changing one.

#23 ·
I've tried the 'Race' map for the last two weeks and that seems to be giving good results so far ... nothing really provable but it just 'feels' economical, being really smooth and less rorty ... strangely more so than Perf + even

Maybe its just the wet weather or traffic conditions slowing me down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.