Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the dreamscience induction kit and found it started to knock against the strut brace, i have solved the problem for now with some pipe insulation foam around the rollbar.
Just wondering what other people have done to solve this problem if you have had it?

Adam

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Mine did the same but I undone all the clamps and brackets and moved the whole kit to get the induction kit to sit lower.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I really need to sort mine out as well. On my second piece of pipe insulation now as the last one started to wear thin.

When it warms up I'll rope my brother in to holding it forward whilst I tighten everything up

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna see if I can possible make something up to stop this when I'm off, but any one elses tips is brilliant.

Adam

·
Registered
118 Posts
i had this and wot i did was put a block of wood between induction pipe n strut brace to get the desired gap after i had undone jubillee clip at back. then the bracket to side of block

by doin that i was able to twist induction pipe ever so slightly which pulled it away from the strut, then retighten block bracket tight then retighten jubilee clip

i tried moving it with hands after n cudnt get it to knock on strut

hope this helps??

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(paul-stfoc @ 7 Feb 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i had this and wot i did was put a block on wood between induction pipe n strut brace to get the desired gap after i had undone jubillee clip at back. then the bracket to side of block

by doin that i was able to twist induction pipe ever so slightly which pulled it away from the strut, then retighten block bracket tight then retighten jubilee clip

i tried moving it with hands after n cudnt get it to knock on strut

hope this helps??

Great idea matey I will have to copy you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts