Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
For insurance purposes, how much extra bhp does a remap give.
Info required for Chris Knott insurance quote..

Thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(smoggy @ 9 Feb 2010, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,
For insurance purposes, how much extra bhp does a remap give.
Info required for Chris Knott insurance quote..

Thanks

Chris Knott wont even quote to insure you if you haven't had the remap on for at least 12 months. Personal experience.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Chris Knott wont even quote to insure you if you haven't had the remap on for at least 12 months. Personal experience.

Thats nice to know! especially with my renewal up in a couple of months!

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Chris Knott wont even quote to insure you if you haven't had the remap on for at least 12 months. Personal experience.

Strange, they never asked me that question when I renewed with them this year

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 25 Feb 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...... to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars.

I didn't think they meant that you had to have driven a remapped car for that time. Otherwise if you were insured with them standard, how could you ever add a remap if you needed 12 months experience of having one?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't think they meant that you had to have driven a remapped car for that time. Otherwise if you were insured with them standard, how could you ever add a remap if you needed 12 months experience of having one?

Thats what I asked on here and the thread got closed by Admin because I was giving them some stick and bad press over it.

They 100% knew that I'd had the car for over 12 months but had remap until 12 months and they refused it!

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats what I asked on here and the thread got closed by Admin because I was giving them some stick and bad press over it.

That's probably why the thread got closed
Now where's my window

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's probably why the thread got closed
Now where's my window

Yeah agreed, but I didnt find it very fair that nowhere did it say about the remap for 12 months thing and I met every criteria that they listed. I found it a very poor experience from a site sponsor. All this is obviously my opinion and I just want to make the OP aware that he may get refused for the same thing so dont build your hopes up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah agreed, but I didnt find it very fair that nowhere did it say about the remap for 12 months thing and I met every criteria that they listed. I found it a very poor experience from a site sponsor. All this is obviously my opinion and I just want to make the OP aware that he may get refused for the same thing so dont build your hopes up.

Thanks all for your help and info, spoke with Peter Haywood( Chris Knott Insurance ) and he just asked what the increase in power/bhp would be?
Tried Greenlight Insurance, but they wouldnt quote due to postcode
(its a nice area honest)

·
Registered
13,922 Posts

This has to be a mistake or misunderstanding? All they need to know is an idea of how more bhp the car has.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
No mistake, the questioning was very clear and i gave very clear answers,

the question was asked, answer given, insurance refused

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No mistake, the questioning was very clear and i gave very clear answers,

the question was asked, answer given, insurance refused

Dosn't sound right, thats all i'm saying. I guess someone will clear this up?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

They just did with me ...My insurance went up £80 ... Only been with them 4 mths

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 9 Feb 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They just did with me ...My insurance went up £80 ... Only been with them 4 mths

Maybe they just didnt like me

Or maybe I just got the "new boy"

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(focus149 @ 9 Feb 2010, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just rung them and asked for a qoute before deciding to buy my dsci ..

Well thats just favouritism!

Maybe I should have just hung up and called back to get someone else.

It wouldnt have mattered anyway as Adrian Flux had told me that they would better any genuine quote I got so I wouldnt have purchased from them anyway!

3 hours worth of calls and I knocked over £700 of my Direct Line renewal, and all mods insured like for like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts