Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Had my Dream Science exhaust mated to my Moutune downpipe and sports exhaust today, certainly feels like it has released yet a few more horses. However was disappointed that neither exhaust part comes with an exhaust gasket between the sports cat and the back box. Also the mating surfaces are not 100% flat to each other.
The exhaust is rather boomie at times and it actually hurts your ears over a prolonged drive at times. Especially when easing off the power.
You get a leaflet with the exhaust stating that it does quiten down a bit with a build up of carbon. God I hope their right. Wonder how many miles they are talking.
Anybody have a similar experience with exhausts, if so did they quiten down a bit, rather than you just got used to it.
Cheers Mick

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
have a full miltec sytem and mine has become slightly quieter over time ,but still sounds lovely and deffo not boomy as you seem to be suffering from.
it should get a bit quieter with time but not by much in my experiance .

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 8 Feb 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi everyone. Had my Dream Science exhaust mated to my Moutune downpipe and sports exhaust today, certainly feels like it has released yet a few more horses.
Cheers Mick

Got any pictures of the rear of your car with the new exhaust

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I fitted the whole race cat system from DS a week last saturday and it was loudER at first but has become a very nice sounding system now. All mine fitted exactly no gaps etc that you mention (but i did need to get the 3" gaskets seperately). Maybe because you are mixing/matching different manufacturers components??

However it was never unbearably loud, maybe its catching on your heatshield?There was a thread by DavieRavie not so long ago that mentioned that his exhaust was stupidly loud, this ended up being a fitting issue. It definately isnt bad when you lift off, mine just pops pops then pops again. I revved it abit at Breakfast club yesterday and it impressed a few people.

Mine "carboned up" after about 100 miles but I do drive slightly heavy footed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for feedback so far. Anymore out there. With regard to the pic, will see what I can do and Dave or anyone, can you tell me where you got the 3" gasket from. Thanks Mick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 8 Feb 2010, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>These are the onesEbay GasketsCheers buddy, just bought one from them, thanks for the tip. I really should go to bed. thanks again. MickQUOTE(Davieravie @ 9 Feb 2010, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As the DaveCHCi says make sure its fitted right. Mine was touching the tinfoil underneath and after getting it re-jigged, that solved the problem. Its still loudish at 3000rpm but now where like the levels before.Yeh, thats where I seem to get most noise at 3000. Oh well, maybe purchase some ear muffs, not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As promised. Before and after pics. Im still hoping it will quiten down just a bit, ha.

ECU spacer next week, see how the old Mountune deals with that. Doh

Regards Mick

PS If there are no pics, its because Im not very computer minded, ha ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 9 Feb 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As promised. Before and after pics. Im still hoping it will quiten down just a bit, ha.ECU spacer next week, see how the old Mountune deals with that. DohRegards MickPS If there are no pics, its because Im not very computer minded, ha ha.OK ok, so I got them the wrong way around, at least they are on there. Its like spot the exhaust, but a lot simplier.

Best looking tail pipe design IMO

·
Registered
351 Posts
I take it that it's the newer style system you had fitted m8??

I've got the older style one and it's still quite loud now after 4 months. At first it was really bad, especially as you say, when you lift off the throttle and it hits 3000 and 1200rpm. You do get used to it, but it's a bit of a shock compared to the nice quiet standard one.

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(Mickyboy @ 9 Feb 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As promised. Before and after pics. Im still hoping it will quiten down just a bit, ha.

ECU spacer next week, see how the old Mountune deals with that. Doh

Regards Mick

PS If there are no pics, its because Im not very computer minded, ha ha.

Very nice looking exhaust mate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.