Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the fault again yesterday which nearly stranded me with no acceleration.

My local place had tried a quick fix by just cleaning the back of the cluster and it seemed ok. But it was obviously a bigger problem.

What would you guys recommend -
soldering the dodgy parts ?
send it away for full test & repair ?
buy a new one (eBay has one ST/RS cluster but guy isn't sure its compatible) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No... I meant to get a local auto electrician to do it.

I assume that's worth a try first. Sending it away is a bit of a faff.

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
I got the fault again yesterday which nearly stranded me with no acceleration.

My local place had tried a quick fix by just cleaning the back of the cluster and it seemed ok. But it was obviously a bigger problem.

What would you guys recommend -
soldering the dodgy parts ?
send it away for full test & repair ?
buy a new one (eBay has one ST/RS cluster but guy isn't sure its compatible) ?

Thanks.
I sent mine away to a place called cartronix (from memory) .... I sent it next day, they received, fixed it and sent it the day they received it, so was only without the car for 2 days, really good service from what I remember....was a while back though, might be worth checking reviews for whoever you decide (y)

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I've seen them advertising online.

I'm just waiting to see if the mechanic at RSR can do it, or if he knows someone local who can repair it while I wait. I'd rather do that so I know it works !

I messaged a few places and got no reply, plus one said it doesnt always work and wouldnt give any guarantee. o_O

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update...

THE BEAST IS BACK ! :D

For various reasons I had to leave the car for two weeks at my local tuner but the car is now fixed and seems to be working perfectly again. :cool:

The mechanic said the cluster was much more damaged than expected and took 5 hours to repair. :oops:

But I'm just glad to have it back and had a great wee blast in it to celebrate ! 😜

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The only slight issue I've noticed is the OB computer which shows the fuel Miles Remaining. It now states 100 miles remaining with less than 1/4 of a tank left. o_O

I guess it's been reset by the cluster being removed and hasn't yet 're-learned' the true MPG of an ST ! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts