Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Draining battery

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Shaw19G 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am having the problem that the dashboard light (mileage and trip) is staying on when locking the car.. Only just started happening and I've owned the car 6 weeks or so. I have narrowed it down to it being something to do with the audio as when I remove fuse 112, the dashboard light then turns off after 20 minutes of so when locking the car.. I have been looking and a common fault is down to the Bluetooth module which I have removed but when I put the fuse back in even with Bluetooth module disconnected, the dash light stays lit and won't go off, any ideas what else it could be that's draining the battery completely flat?

#5 ·
Dose the dash light stay light all the time until the batt dies. Mine will stay on but turns off after a bit.

I had the same problem it ends up being my head unit that wasn't letting the car shut down.

Try diconecting your head unit for few days see if that make any diffrance that's how I worked out what was causing my issues.

I don't no if you seen my topic I started and had resolved but here is a link to it hopefully if helps

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/336458-dash-light-wont-turn-off-running-battery-flat-resolved/?fromsearch=1

#6 ·
Yeah I had a look at your thread but it was a different radio.. Found out it was the Bluetooth module at fault, removed the Bluetooth module and everything is all good now, fingers crossed it stays that way, went out today and no problems .. Battery still had 12v, which is a big difference to the 3v it had the previous morning.. All I'm waiting on now is an unlock code for the radio as its a v serial number :(

Thanks for your help !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.