Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, new to this group, I'm having that classic problems with the dpf on the car, question is, has anyone used forscan? If so is there a way of diagnosing a knackered fuel vaporiser on it?

· Premium Member
2015 (65) ST-2 TDCi 185ps Estate in Deep Impact Blue
233 Posts
If your getting a P2455 DTC Code, then this may be useful - MK3 - P2455 - Diesel Particulate Filter differential...

@DavLinz2011 - I'm guessing this is the thread you're referring to. Post 10 on this thread also links back to your original thread, where I got the idea for checking the wiring on mine.

My car has never experienced the P2455 error again since this wiring fault was repaired.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your getting a P2455 DTC Code, then this may be useful - MK3 - P2455 - Diesel Particulate Filter differential...

@DavLinz2011 - I'm guessing this is the thread you're referring to. Post 10 on this thread also links back to your original thread, where I got the idea for checking the wiring on mine.

My car has never experienced the P2455 error again since this wiring fault was repaired.
I'm getting p2463 code, I've just force regen'd it twice using forscan bit it failed because soot level was still excessive

· Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,994 Posts
I’d say it’s the vaporiser is blocked, cheapest place I found, was transit parts on eBay, for a genuine item, they’re a pain to get out, normally best to cut off the feed pipe so you can get a six point socket on it, with a breaker bar, a spanner could round it off, at least you don’t have awd getting in the way, like I had when I replaced the vaporiser on my wife’s Kuga.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d say it’s the vaporiser is blocked, cheapest place I found, was transit parts on eBay, for a genuine item, they’re a pain to get out, normally best to cut off the feed pipe so you can get a six point socket on it, with a breaker bar, a spanner could round it off, at least you don’t have awd getting in the way, like I had when I replaced the vaporiser on my wife’s Kuga.
Yeh thats what I'm thinking, quick question? Is the dpf underneath the car? Or is tucked away behind the engine or something daft?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Underneath fortunately, but the vaporiser is above the subframe and awkward to get to, well at least it was on the Kuga. 🤬
Ok mate, checked out the one on ebay from transit parts and realised I'd already saved that one earlier today lol, and it wouldn't be normal if they weren't an absolute ***** to get to would it lol, ok thanks for all the info, looks like I'll have get the spanners out and wait forrit to stop ******* down, cheers

Edit, after it initially saying the regen had failed after two go's at it, the engine light has gone out today :unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts