Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help, had my cars dpf gutted and mapped out by collinsperformance. With the dpf off map the car smokes when the engines hot but the smoke is on and off, if I put the standard collins remap that doesn't have dpf off I get no smoke but Ofcourse get the eml light come on for dpf. Has anyone experienced this?

· Registered
117 Posts
I think I got a call from Collins due to your smoking issue to see if I had anything similar. I was the first to get their Stage 2 with DPF removed and haven't had any issues, now passed 2 MOT's with no issues.

If you want to follow the letter of the law it states any modification to the emission control side can be a fail, not just the DPF, which means any aftermarket system other than original could be taken for a fail, the reality is unless you're really producing smoke, they don't.

It actually states If a diesel particulate filter has clearly been cut open and rewelded, you should reject it unless the vehicle presenter can show evidence that there was a valid reason to cut it open, such as for filter cleaning.

If you have a dummy with no signs of it being cut or welded, why would they fail you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts