Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi does anyone have a dpf delete on there st? I have a 2017 focus st tdci but interested in possibly getting a dpf delete. Any advice?
Hi mate,

Thought of having this done on mine but tbh it’s probably worth more hassle than it’s worth for sake of another 10-15bhp. Hassle of MOT and black smoke every time you plant the fast pedal.

IF you were to go down that route, Pumaspeed do a dummy pipe… rather than gutting your existing dpf… then realising it needed popping back on 😁

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

Thought of having this done on mine but tbh it’s probably worth more hassle than it’s worth for sake of another 10-15bhp. Hassle of MOT and black smoke every time you plant the fast pedal.

IF you were to go down that route, Pumaspeed do a dummy pipe… rather than gutting your existing dpf… then realising it needed popping back on 😁
Thanks buddy. Yeh I was thinking that because at some point I may need to put it back on. Running collins cp2 but the dpf can be restrictive

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks buddy. Yeh I was thinking that because at some point I may need to put it back on. Running collins cp2 but the dpf can be restrictive
Not really looked at their stage 2 package tbh.
But just had a nosey and their stage 2 seems to claim around 230 which pumaspeed claim with a stage 1 map… then 245 with pumaspeed stage 2.
Unless it’s cos you can run cp2 with dpf still in place? Which obviously has an effect.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
My only concern would be the obvious visual evidence of a lack of dpf? With a petrol car there is no real evidence of a missing cat if 'someone' is following you. As you said taking the dpf off could leave you with an obvious cloud of black smoke under hard acceleration which could lead to the 'someone' asking awkward - and likely expensive - questions?

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,280 Posts
Don’t forget the VOSA police, if they catch you, they will confiscate the car and you will get a big fine, probably accompanied by some points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts