Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my st-2 a few days ago and being looking into the many various performance mods and im looking into getting a downpipe and sports cat, would this make much difference on the sound with the standard exhaust?
Also been looking at different brands and im familiar with milltek exhausts but the downpipe seems to be about £80 more than cobra and mongoose is there much difference between the brands or is it all just brand preference. Help is apprieciated.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well i got my st-2 a few days ago and being looking into the many various performance mods and im looking into getting a downpipe and sports cat, would this make much difference on the sound with the standard exhaust?
Also been looking at different brands and im familiar with milltek exhausts but the downpipe seems to be about £80 more than cobra and mongoose is there much difference between the brands or is it all just brand preference. Help is apprieciated.
These are a few mods well worth doing you'll notice a gd difference a lot better throttle response and you'll get a few nice pops and bangs while shifting too, as for sound it wont be nothing too drastic more of subtle change i found with mine it made the car sound a bit more throaty which i loved.

Just brand preference really at the end of the day a downpipe is a downpipe there all the same you wouldnt notice any difference at all between brands except maybe a lighter wallet, hope this helps?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
when I fitted a decat to my standard catback it was quiet when cruising at motorway speeds and throaty when your on the loud pedal but did sound a bit hollow too

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies, i was planning on getting a downpipe and sports cat then going for an intercooler and remap at pumaspeed, would it be better to get the exhaust parts first so they can be mapped in with the remap or would it not make much difference

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The ST isn't live mapped so you can run a standard car with a remap and then add bolt ons as you can. Your ECU will automatically adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Makes no difference, teh ST ECU is very clever and learns and adapts. These cars are not like old Scooby's and jap stuff which needs mapping every time you change an item. You can put a stage 1 map on now, add all the parts, benefitting each time untill you have everything you need to run a stage 2 map.....

Where you are, there is also Dreamscience in Hull.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh that is pretty clever, i mean i only used to have a fiesta so im new to turbo's and remapping really, in near castleford in west yorkshire, theres a remap and roadsport intercooler package at pumaspeed which i have my eye on at the minute

1 - 8 of 8 Posts