Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
Sarah - Mountune M365 - Focus ST MK4
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
All that saharan sand is grim! Took forever to wash Doris today, couldn't get rid of it all though.
Some before, during and after pics below.... needed to get the boy to earn his keep!

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Automotive design Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Light Blue Motor vehicle Asphalt

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Font

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
Mk3
485 Posts
Haha, thanks for the thought! Just need to justify £700 on it now though....
The MT cast manifold is a beautiful piece of kit and really compliments the engine bay IMO (I've got one on my Mk3). However, it was suggested to me by a reputable tuner that they are counter productive (unless you're running significant extra boost) as despite the thermal spacer, they still suffer from heat soak. Consequently, the cooler/denser air from the intercooler passes through this potentially hot item immediately prior to the combustion process, which somewhat defeats the object. Apparently, that's why the OEM item is plastic.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Interesting, I totally see what you mean now thinking about it.
I was looking into water/methanol injection, so thought this manifold sounded interesting.

·
Premium Member
Mk3
485 Posts
Interesting, I totally see what you mean now thinking about it.
I was looking into water/methanol injection, so thought this manifold sounded interesting.
You can still have WMI with the OEM item. If you were going down that route, might I suggest OE Meth Installs (Nathan Blackmore / Barney Ellam) they're on Insta/Facebook. They installed a bespoke 5 port Aquamist system on mine. Seriously, don't be tempted by Devilsown or AEM systems etc. as although they are considerably cheaper, they are also inferior/problematic.
Product Automotive lighting Bag Body jewelry Audio equipment

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
So my MT tech reckons to hold off on buying this for a bit as he seems to think there will a lot more coming out this year for the MK4 and the inlet alone is not going to make much more BHP (which I knew anyway). He thinks they may release a uprated turbo and a water injection kit so recommends I wait as I could be paying out more in the long run buying things as soon as they come available. I trust him, so ill wait. But she's starting to feel slow so MT need to hurry up and pull their finger out!

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
2,247 Posts
So my MT tech reckons to hold off on buying this for a bit as he seems to think there will a lot more coming out this year for the MK4 and the inlet alone is not going to make much more BHP (which I knew anyway). He thinks they may release a uprated turbo and a water injection kit so recommends I wait as I could be paying out more in the long run buying things as soon as they come available. I trust him, so ill wait. But she's starting to feel slow so MT need to hurry up and pull their finger out!
Does always work out cheaper if you do it all in one go 🥰 get a motorbike to fuel your speed addiction for the time being 🤣 you can always come to mine go for a blast 🥰

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,431 Posts
Mountune tuned cars always feel slow wouldn’t stress too much over it 🤣🤣
Get to TRS Performance for a serious map :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Ah I love a bit of mountune though, proper sucker for it. Car does like 5 miles a week so I don't even need that much power....but hey, I'll get more one day.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts