Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
So my passenger side door (3dr car) has been broken now for months and after constantly telling people to hold the door firmly when they get in and out I think its about time I looked at getting it fixed before it gets smacked into something and damages my door.

So it is this black 'stop' which has snapped inside the rubber on the door which results in the door opening at an almost 90 degree angle to my body work. I know it has snapped because I can wiggle it from side to side whereas my drivers side is stiff and the door doesn't open at the same angle.

What I need is the part(s) to fix the door and then I'll look into finding someone who can do it. My question is; is there a technical name for this part and does anyone know the parts name / # so I can source a replacement.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
its called a cheak strap well thats what i call themm replaced loads on pugs ! pug keep 20 /30 in all the time ! as i may see 206 hav crizes in the door were it swung open !

like u say make sure they hold on u dont wanna bend ya door

pug 1 are about 20 plus vat not got a clue about ford 1

·
Registered
782 Posts
This happened my drivers door, and no telling people helps, my sis/mum threw it open and the door touched the front wing an put a dent on the kink that runs the length of the door :-( was barely noticable and prob easily fixable til they did it a second fu#%ing time before i got a chance to fix it.
Needless to say, nobody drives my car but me now!

But its an easy fix, just unbolt the old one, pull off your doorcard and take a few bolts out of the metal panel on the door an you can just squeeze your hand in to put the new part through and it just bolts on in same place, easy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts