Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided as it was a dry day it was time to give the car a proper clean

Firstly washed the car (triple wash)

Dried off

De tared the car using (turtle wax) sap & tar remover

Washed off again

Then Clay bared using (meguiars clay bar) & (Ultimate Quick detailer)

Washed again and Dried off.

then Waxed using (meguiars ultimate Liquid Wax) & buffed off.

cleaned windows using (Turtle wax Glass cleaner) & then finished off with some (Rain X)

Then cleaned the tail pipes using (autosol metal polish.)

end Result really happy with it, this is the first time ive used meguiars products and im really impressed..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Gaz, you really want to be getting yourself down to AutoBrite Direct in Fenton. Their products are 100's of times better than any Megs stuff.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Machine Engineering

Road surface Window Wood Architecture Plant

Meguiars are simply mass-sale products, anyone who has a quick read on Detailing World will see there are better products out there for the same money. I aint preaching anything new here, the info is out there for all to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
??? When you using the de-tar stuff you cover the all the body with it or just half way down the body around the car were its liking to get cover in tar

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Looks great. Needs a rear diffuser on the beast now
. Meguiars is great stuff pretty much every thing I have is megs stuff.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Gaz, you really want to be getting yourself down to AutoBrite Direct in Fenton. Their products are 100's of times better than any Megs stuff.

View attachment 93273

View attachment 93279

Meguiars are simply mass-sale products, anyone who has a quick read on Detailing World will see there are better products out there for the same money. I aint preaching anything new here, the info is out there for all to see.
just ordered some stuff from AutoBrite. it all seemed quite reasonably priced too!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
just ordered some stuff from AutoBrite. it all seemed quite reasonably priced too!
You wont be disappointed mate, add them on FB (if you have an account) they are posting product tests all the time!

Their HQ is about 5 mins from me and about 15 minutes from Gaz, just pointing out that he has their warehouse on his doorstep

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
The megs stuff is great for the occasional detailed or someone who wants to achieve half decent results for not a lot of effort and its readily available from halfrauds ect.

I agree there are better products out there but it's down to personal preference and how much effort you want to put into cleaning your car and how often.

Some of the advice on DW is great but you can get very hung up on having the latest greatest waxes and cleaners and wheel brushes all for it to be stuck in a box in the cupboard, I know this as I have a cupboard full of products and I only now use 4 products and 1 pot of wax and the stuff I bought was far from cheap
it's the best I could afford but the products I use give me the results that I am happy with and as anyone will tell you that has had the pleasure of seeing my car will say it is kept pretty clean.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You wont be disappointed mate, add them on FB (if you have an account) they are posting product tests all the time!

Their HQ is about 5 mins from me and about 15 minutes from Gaz, just pointing out that he has their warehouse on his doorstep
will do mate! wish i lived close to them, i have to wait 3 days for delivery!! cant wait to go out and give the ST a good wash, its looking pretty grim at the moment

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 93273

View attachment 93279

What products have you used to achieve this dave?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Where about in fenton is it dave ?
Fenton Industrial Estate. Go up Victoria Rd, turn left after the park, drive down the Ind Est road until you see a set of units on the left with a block paved forecourt.

As for products, this was a full correction using my Kestral DAS6-Pro DA polisher.
There are many products needed to prep the car, but the polishes are:
1st Pass: http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/polishing-prep-waxing/cutting-correction-polishes-finishing-polishes/correct-it-range-enrich.html on a microfibre pad
2nd Pass: http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/polishing-prep-waxing/cutting-correction-polishes-finishing-polishes/correct-it-range-final-finish.html on a finishing microfibre pad

Then usual protection methods over that.

Full list of what I used is on my project thread (post #200) Its on a different forum though.
http://www.fordrst.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9287-davechcis-focus-st-moody-blue-quickshift-page11/page__st__180#entry194246

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sorted mate i know where it is.....only 10mins drive from me, ill have a drive down there next week and go spend some more money lol
Try and speak to Mark for 10 minutes before you spend your cash. He'll advise you honestly about what you want to achieve and how to get there.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Try and speak to Mark for 10 minutes before you spend your cash. He'll advise you honestly about what you want to achieve and how to get there.
Sound just spent £100 today in halfords on detailing products, im happy with them but i dont mind trying different things if i can achieve better results.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Sound just spent £100 today in halfords on detailing products, im happy with them but i dont mind trying different things if i can achieve better results.
Then dont waste them! I have loads of stuff from Halfords, loads of Autoglym stuff that Iv had for xmas etc. It'll get used in the maintenance washes etc between the major car cleaning events (usually every 3-6 months) I'll use the AutoBrite stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts