Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately i am having to sell our beloved ST due to us doing to many miles at the moment.

Can anyone in the know give me a rough valuation of it ?

Its a 2006 / 06 ST2 in performance blue with 52k on the clock, FSH etc and in great condition.
The only fault is SHE kerbed the alloys (Grrrr)

I looked at part exchanging it against a diesel ST and the seller offered me 5,500 but said its worth considerably more to sell privately and advised me to do that, i put it up on here for 6k (Which seemed cheap as we paid 7.5k 12 months ago) but had no interest.

I know i can look at piston heads etc but i would like to know what price it a fair price so i can sell it rather than it simply sit in the garage (If i buy the other car for cash rather than part ex)

Thanks all

Dave

·
Registered
204 Posts
Unfortunately i am having to sell our beloved ST due to us doing to many miles at the moment.

Can anyone in the know give me a rough valuation of it ?

Its a 2006 / 06 ST2 in performance blue with 52k on the clock, FSH etc and in great condition.
The only fault is SHE kerbed the alloys (Grrrr)

I looked at part exchanging it against a diesel ST and the seller offered me 5,500 but said its worth considerably more to sell privately and advised me to do that, i put it up on here for 6k (Which seemed cheap as we paid 7.5k 12 months ago) but had no interest.

I know i can look at piston heads etc but i would like to know what price it a fair price so i can sell it rather than it simply sit in the garage (If i buy the other car for cash rather than part ex)

Thanks all

Dave
I'd say around the 6,500/6,750 mark, i say that because i bought mine (an 07, mint condition, 32k, 12 months dealer warranty, just had brand new discs/pads all round, brand new tyres, new filters, and loads more done) for £7,250 in august - the problem is mate approaching christmas i doubt you're going to get any interest, i've advertised many cars around this time of year and had no interest, then in the new year everything picks up again.

Put it this way, i had my scooby for sale in november/december a few years ago at £5,900, had no interest whatsoever (not even any contact) even though it was worth £6,500 at the time, i waited until January to renew the advert, around middle of january i put it back on for £6,750 and sold it within 2 days for the full asking price, a full £850 over what i'd had it up at only a month earlier.

Just wrong time of year mate so don't go dropping your price ridiculously just to sell, hold out and get what its worth, albeit in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm in the same position as you, but I just couldn't part with my ST so I have sorned it and tucked it away in the garage. I have bought a diesel mondeo (got it for a bargain £500) that we are now using until we are in a bit of a better financial position to run the Focus.

The mondeo eats up the miles, does 500+ miles on a tank of fuel and touch wood should be nice and reliable!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm in the same position as you, but I just couldn't part with my ST so I have sorned it and tucked it away in the garage. I have bought a diesel mondeo (got it for a bargain £500) that we are now using until we are in a bit of a better financial position to run the Focus.

The mondeo eats up the miles, does 500+ miles on a tank of fuel and touch wood should be nice and reliable!
Best plan IMO. Very few private buyers are going to have the cash for the next few months. The ones that do will drive a hard bargain.

If you can't sorn then you might have to take the loss on a trade in.

·
Registered
467 Posts

Ive sone the same couldnt part with ST so sorn it and bought a fez diesel £30 a year to tax and does 45mpg easily

·
Registered
583 Posts
I bought the same spec car your selling same miles for £5800 last month mate. But that was in Northern Ireland and cars are usually more expensive over here. If that helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts