Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
After picking up my
on Wednesday I decided to give it a good hoover out as the dealers idea of a full valet is different to mine. I noticed when I test drove it that the previous owner must have had a dog as there was dog hairs everywhere! Picked it up and thought the dealer had done a reasonable job but I gave it a once over with the dyson and I could not believe where dog hairs could get to. They were inbetween the front seats and the centre console
. I have never had to hoover a head lining before. Anyway after a good couple of hours I have managed to get it back to it's former glory. Next weekend will start on the outside.

Some people should not be allowed to keep cars as pets!

p.s. sorry about the
title. Did not realise

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Masking tape is quicker and easier than the hoover, i have to do it on the soft top of the Lotus if I leave it out and the local cats wantsomewhere warmer than the grass to lay on

·
Registered
11 Posts
You would have a fit if you saw the inside of my car! My 2 dogs are in it 5 days a week, I had to lift the back seats over the weekend, couldnt believe the amount of dog hair that had got under there
I spent 3 days straight sitting in the boot with masking tape and even a paper clip to get the hair out and had to admit defeat in the end.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
You would have a fit if you saw the inside of my car! My 2 dogs are in it 5 days a week, I had to lift the back seats over the weekend, couldnt believe the amount of dog hair that had got under there
I spent 3 days straight sitting in the boot with masking tape and even a paper clip to get the hair out and had to admit defeat in the end.
Kym

Get yourself a Dyson with a brush attachment and a slim nozzle, works a treat! None of this masking tape lark!

I have a Jack Russell who has really wirey hair. When he is let into the car, not often but sometimes I dont have a choice, the Dyson is out very soon after!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I have never been inpressed by Dysons and you have to be careful with vacumes they can pull th epile out of the carpets hence masking tape is better

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kym

Get yourself a Dyson with a brush attachment and a slim nozzle, works a treat! None of this masking tape lark!

I have a Jack Russell who has really wirey hair. When he is let into the car, not often but sometimes I dont have a choice, the Dyson is out very soon after!
Hmmm I will give it a go. I have a pet Dyson but it didnt seem to do that good a job. Mine are 2 Beagles, one with quite coarse hair and it appears as though the hair has woven into the boot lining
I can get it off the back seats no problem with tape or a hoover but the boot is certainly a problem for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts