Ford Focus ST Forum banner

does anyone know of a recirc/BOV how to guide?

679 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mrt01983 
#1 ·
As above really, going to order BOV soon but want to have a squiz at a how to before I do to make sure I'm comfortable doing it

Thanks (p.s. have tried searching not much luck)

#2 ·
@mrt01983 Ijust have a MT recirc valve, but I managed to fit it myself. It took a while mainly because the 3 screws are pretty hard to access and it's fiddly. You need a ball end allen key set and you should be good to go! Taking my time and being distracted with grand dad stealing my wheel away to make my 3 years old laugh it took me about 1h.

I'm not a mechanic, but it seemed doable so I gave it a go and I was glad I did it

#3 ·
@mrt01983 Ijust have a MT recirc valve, but I managed to fit it myself. It took a while mainly because the 3 screws are pretty hard to access and it's fiddly. You need a ball end allen key set and you should be good to go! Taking my time and being distracted with grand dad stealing my wheel away to make my 3 years old laugh it took me about 1h.

I'm not a mechanic, but it seemed doable so I gave it a go and I was glad I did it
OK sounds good, is it just a case of jacking the front up and remove one wheel then?

#4 ·
@mrt01983 Yep, I lifted the driver side only, put on axle stand just to be safe and then took the wheel off. Make sure you don't drive the car before or you'll burn yourself on the brake disc. I did mine after a 45 miles journey so left it a good 2h to cool down (and I had a bbq to attend to).

Other than having brake dust and mess all over your arms you should be OK. Unscrewing / screwing back the valve is the trickiest bit. I don't believe there's a point removing anything other than the wheel as I'm not convinced you would get better access by removing the wheel arch trim.

#5 ·
@mrt01983 Yep, I lifted the driver side only, put on axle stand just to be safe and then took the wheel off. Make sure you don't drive the car before or you'll burn yourself on the brake disc. I did mine after a 45 miles journey so left it a good 2h to cool down (and I had a bbq to attend to).

Other than having brake dust and mess all over your arms you should be OK. Unscrewing / screwing back the valve is the trickiest bit. I don't believe there's a point removing anything other than the wheel as I'm not convinced you would get better access by removing the wheel arch trim.
Awesome thank you! Given me a bit more confidence to have a go myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.