Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
er's

Superchips state that you must have carried out some hardware changes first, like CAIS/Induction kit and sports cat/de-cat before loading the stage 2 map.

Q: Having installed the Bluefin stage 1 you feel the gains without question, last week I fitted an AS CAIS and again you feel the difference, so the next mod is the intercooler (not necessary for the stage 2 upgrade but just something I want to do) but again hopefully would feel some change, then the sports cat or de-cat (not sure about a de-cat, having to swap back to the cat for an MOT) should bring on some more change, so what benifit will the re-map make to the car having already done all of the above?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Ive got stage 2 fitted to mine, and it is currently running intercooler, cais and cat back. It tweaks the boost and fuelling a bit more to gain full use out of the new modifications. They would work fine on the stage 1 but you may as well get the full benefit if it only takes 5 minutes of your time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that

I noticed you've not had a sports cat fitted, I take it you can still get hold of the stage 2 map from superchips then

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Gord @ 21 Nov 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have stage 2 fitted with K&N air filter, Surrey rolling road got 249.9bhp on a very hot day.

Interesting, granted it was a hot day but why do Superchips boast a 50BHP gain with stage 1?

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE(STEO @ 21 Nov 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Interesting, granted it was a hot day but why do Superchips boast a 50BHP gain with stage 1?
To be honest ... i was expecting more, before the car went on the r/road, the guy doing it was expecting about 260bhp

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Gord @ 21 Nov 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be honest ... i was expecting more, before the car went on the r/road, the guy doing it was expecting about 260bhp

Mmmm, if you were to go by what the manufacturers say I should be at 285-293BHP, dont get me wrong I can certainly tell the difference each time I've done a mod, but it sounds like I've not achieved anywhere near that
, I think there may be a visit to a RR on a cold day soon

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 21 Nov 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>RR;s are one big lottery, my car on surrey at this setup only hit 266. But on the road kept up with higher reading cars.

That sounds like a bit of good advise, yes it would be good to know what your car is pushing out (which I still might go for a RR some day) however I think just carry on with the mods and put it to the true test against known fast motors out there in stupid street where it matters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.