Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys bit of strage question here but im after a bluefin and a bloke has offered me 1 and he is stating its stage 2, is there anyway i will know if it is stage 2 ( will it say when i turn it on?) i have never seen a bluefin only on pics so i have no idea about them, the only reason i ask is that he was selling a stage 1 bluefin but now he claims he is selling a stage 2 after finding out im after 1. just didnt want to but it and find out its stage 1.

many thanks

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I don't think you can tell from the handset itself, you'd need to do is check the serial number with Superchips and they can tell you what spec it is at. But as Stage 2 is a free upgrade by Superchips all you would have to do once you bought it is ring them up and connect it to your pc via the lead and their software.

More importantly has the buyer had the handset reset? If not then it won't work on your car until Superchips reset it and that does cost a fair few quid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 27 Feb 2010, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think you can tell from the handset itself, you'd need to do is check the serial number with Superchips and they can tell you what spec it is at. But as Stage 2 is a free upgrade by Superchips all you would have to do once you bought it is ring them up and connect it to your pc via the lead and their software.

More importantly has the buyer had the handset reset? If not then it won't work on your car until Superchips reset it and that does cost a fair few quid.

ye it has been reset, i didnt know stage 2 was free upgrade so maybe that is what he has done, all it was he was selling a stage 1 bluefin and then a mate of mine told him i was after a stage 2 bluefin, then all of a sudden he is selling a stage 2 bluefin? seemed abit dodgey, but surpose if its free upgrade then he could have just had that done.

is the serial number on the unit itself? so what you are saying is i can just ask him for serial number and ring superchips and they will tell me if its a stage 1 or 2 that is on it?

thanks again.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
there's a sticker on the back of the unit with the serial number, but really the Stage 2 isn't something to worry about as long as it's reset. They may want the VIN number of the car too as security but ring them first with the serial number

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 27 Feb 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>there's a sticker on the back of the unit with the serial number, but really the Stage 2 isn't something to worry about as long as it's reset. They may want the VIN number of the car too as security but ring them first with the serial number

spot on that mate, so as long as its reset it wont matter if its stage 1 or 2 i can get stage 2 free cant i. thats sound that, thanks alot mate. i have a cat back mongoose and 57i waiting to be fitted and wanting to stage 2 map it, will i notice much differance from standard and any idea of what gains im gunna get (bhp and torque)

cheers again mate, defo put my mind at ease ha

·
Registered
178 Posts
If your going 2 fit it all at once mate you should really change your intercooler 1st. The standard 1 barely copes with standard power. I should think with an i/c and what youve already got you will be looking around 290bhp if its a good en

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(mrmadmatt @ 27 Feb 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your going 2 fit it all at once mate you should really change your intercooler 1st. The standard 1 barely copes with standard power. I should think with an i/c and what youve already got you will be looking around 290bhp if its a good en

any ideas of price for intercooler and would i still be doing stage 2 map with bluefin? so only change is fitting intercooler to what im doing now.

thanks dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
QUOTE(asbo_orange_beast @ 27 Feb 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any ideas of price for intercooler and would i still be doing stage 2 map with bluefin? so only change is fitting intercooler to what im doing now.

thanks dave

I paid £250 second hand for a radtec which does the job good enough. Yes mate you can stick to the stage 2 which is already on that handset your looking at or just pay superchips to install more on there. Modding dont come cheap and it will be never ending believe me

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(mrmadmatt @ 27 Feb 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I paid £250 second hand for a radtec which does the job good enough. Yes mate you can stick to the stage 2 which is already on that handset your looking at or just pay superchips to install more on there. Modding dont come cheap and it will be never ending believe me

good price that mate isnt it, 1 of them and the rest of exhaust bits and ill be on for stage 3 wont i, i know wht you mean about never ending tho mate, its addictive int it ha. all my coi is tied up i this at the min but im sure that after stage 2 for few month ill be keen on stage 3 ha,

thanks again mate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts