Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a nightmare with this upgrade, bought a pro alloy rs intercooler and 63mm pipe kit for my st back in October via dsci.
Took ages to arrive due to pro alloy ****ing up at there end and me wanting green pipes.Anyway i got it weeks later so I started to strip the front end and decided to fit a new bumper,rs vents and get some paint work done at the same time.
Fitted the new big intercooler and turbo to intercooler pipes in no time, now fitting the hard pipe from the intercooler to throttle body is not as easy! I must have spent 2 days pulling my hair out no matter which way I fitted the pipe it would not line up and pushed hard against the coolant pipe from the radiator.
So I gave up and rang jazz for advice and he said there a
to fit! Walk away and keep trying.
Another half a day and the pipe is now looking like its come out of a scrapyard with all the marks on it.
Next day I'm on the phone to pro alloy and the first thing they say is its for a focus rs and not a focus st they have never tried to fit an rs kit to an st.
Turns out it won't fit with an st coolant radiator! Great!

Rs radiator on order, fitted it and now the pipe sort of fits. At this point it's booked in next day for bodywork so off it goes.

Now I've got the car back the pipe that took days to fit keeps blowing off, I've tried every type of hose clip I can.it looks like its all lined up but soon as I drive it and it comes on boost whoosh of it comes.

This is one mod I wish I never started!

Any one got the same pro alloy set up ? if not does anyone else run 63mm pipes ? If so what is there throttle body to intercooler pipe like? Any pics would be great please

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I've got the pro alloy cooler to tb pipe on mine. Still on the standard cooler atm. Will be fitting in the new year. It was hard to fit.
I found it easier to remove the inlet and tb assembly. Clamp it to the pipe and then bolt it all together. Hasn't blown off yet either.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the pro alloy cooler to tb pipe on mine. Still on the standard cooler atm. Will be fitting in the new year. It was hard to fit.
I found it easier to remove the inlet and tb assembly. Clamp it to the pipe and then bolt it all together. Hasn't blown off yet either.
I think yours isn't the same pipe if your on a standard intercooler, il try and find the pics I took

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Blimey that's taken a battering!

Do you want me take some pics of mine?
Where's your aircon pipe disappeared too aswell?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iol i know.
i had the full rad pack out to fit the rs radiator.
If you could it mite help mate

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Okay.

I originally questioned pro alloy about my pipe as the cooler I'm fitting is much like there st/rs one (airtec gen3 with RS vents)
They didn't know which pipe would fit so I punted for the standard one.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay.

I originally questioned pro alloy about my pipe as the cooler I'm fitting is much like there st/rs one (airtec gen3 with RS vents)
They didn't know which pipe would fit so I punted for the standard one.
When I asked they definitely said the kit jared had ordered was a rs intercooler with scoops and 63mm rs pipes.

I'm just hoping after all this it's not the wrong kit.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes James the pipe kit looks the same with the tb to intercooler hard pipe apart from mine has no take off for symposer.

Looking at it again mine mite have more bends in it

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
http://www.pumaspeed.com/product-Pro-Alloy-Hi-Flow-charge-pipe-ST-Focus_420.jsp

That's for standard intercooler I've got rs one. I can't find a pic of it not even on pro alloy website.

Jared said he had fitted 2 kits so one on his own car and not sure on the other mite be daves.
Probably will be daves mate,

I've got this pipe on mine.
http://www.pumaspeed.com/product-Focus-ST225-Cold-Side-Boost-Hose-from-Roose-Motorsport_1102.jsp

And I've got the STRS Roadsport intercooler with the larger pipes , I don't have the large pipe that runs from intercooler to turbo. That may be my next one.
I've also got an RS alloy radiator.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I know how you feel mate when I replaced the standard oem st pipe it was a pig to remove. Lots of swear words that day I had the misses helping me out too. I replaced it for a silicone one was a nightmare to fit but I came across silicon lube which helped slide into place on the cooler.

My pipe also blew off on full boost which was a change paints moment. I also had the bung pop out again on full boost another paints change time.

Keep at it bud if you still not got it set up how you want Im sure ds boys will help ya out

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably will be daves mate,

I've got this pipe on mine.
http://www.pumaspeed.com/product-Focus-ST225-Cold-Side-Boost-Hose-from-Roose-Motorsport_1102.jsp

And I've got the STRS Roadsport intercooler with the larger pipes , I don't have the large pipe that runs from intercooler to turbo. That may be my next one.
I've also got an RS alloy radiator.
I've just been looking at that pipe it's got to be easier to fit also I think some of the rs owners use them.

My main problem now is I'm gona have to remove my newly painted bumper

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is one mod I aint gonna go with!
I'm sure it works well nick,I think jared tried other kits before going with this one, he just forgot to tell me I'd need a rs radiator and prob removing the aircon would help like on his car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts