Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a compution stage 2 and flywheel in my focus st3 mk3 I running in the clutch for over 1000 miles then I took the car for a quick race it was a bit faster but wheel spinning in first then bad news the bearing went the next day the clutch just drop to tje floor and it was leaking fluid so I contacted the compution clutch and they do provide clutch bearing for that clutch and they said the normal clutch bearing is used so I put in a new clutch bearing again guess what it happened again after 3 weeks so I took the clutch out and left in the stage 2 flywheel and luk clutch omg what a difference this makes its been over 1 year now clutch and flywheel is so strong so I advise people do not get compution clutch or any after market stage 2 or 3 clutch stay standard but upgrade your flywheel I spent over 2500 on it be car

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I had a Mk3 RS 4-part clutch kit (DM flywheel, pressure plate, clutch plate & release bearing) put in my Mk3 ST (in-conjunction with a Quaife diff). It was £700 for the parts (and was in essence fitted labour free, as the transmission was already apart to install the diff). Several k's later, it's still performing drama free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Mk3 RS 4-part clutch kit (DM flywheel, pressure plate, clutch plate & release bearing) put in my Mk3 ST (in-conjunction with a Quaife diff). It was £700 for the parts (and was in essence fitted labour free, as the transmission was already apart to install the diff). Several k's later, it's still performing drama free.
Was it stock release bearing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts