Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Firstly, congratulations on such an entertaining and educating site!

Well........I have £7,500 Cash and me Mint 2002 Zafira with 60k odd on the clock.

Do you think this will tempt any Garages out there that have a £10k ST up for sale to do business??

Got my eye on a Scooby (easily affordable), however, would really prefer an ST!

Your thoughts and honesty (good or bad!!) will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(honkydonky @ 15 Jan 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds reasonable , might even tempt some that have it up for £11k

Blimey fella,

Struggling to maintain composure after that reply.

Now that really would be awesome if I could find a deal like that!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Depends on how badly the dealer wants to shift the ST - if you go by Parkers guide a 1.8 52 plate Zafira trade in value is around 2k.
Have a look on there as you know what car youve got www.parkers.co.uk Subaru`s are all well and good until they go wrong!
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sell your car to a small dealer, they will be greatfull of avoiding the extra auction costs, and give well into book for it.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(Footballer @ 15 Jan 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Blimey fella,

Struggling to maintain composure after that reply.

Now that really would be awesome if I could find a deal like that!

i agree i think you'll get one for that however, are you aware of the running costs? if budget is tight just somthing to bare in mind what with fuel tyres sevices insurance road tax etc

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I think there is always a deal to be done. so deffo give it a try. I paid 12K for mine last Jan but they would only give me £3200 for my 52 plate astra coupe turbo with 55K on the clock in good condition.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Russeh @ 15 Jan 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i agree i think you'll get one for that however, are you aware of the running costs? if budget is tight just somthing to bare in mind what with fuel tyres sevices insurance road tax etc

Beautifuly put Russeh!

Running costs not a real problem for me so, all depends I guess on weather I can scrape a deal from a dealer/garage!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Vauxhalls have taken a right kick in the nuts this year, not been as popular since vauxhall get themselved in the media for not doing very well.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
you should get a deal no worries. scoobies are ok but as has been said before, the interior looks like its been made by airfix.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you run just the Zafira at the minute and could afford to run an ST (as you say), does this not mean you could save for another few months and then have more cash to put down? I wouldn't recommend getting an ST on the urge if you can put it off for another few months and get another few hundred quid under your belt. Will naturally mean you could get yourself a better deal/car.

Good luck with the hunt and keep us up to date

·
Registered
102 Posts
If its a clean low miler probably better off selling privately, depends if you need something between cars, the part ex deal is the least hassle but not always the best deal, and you would have more negotiating power as a pure cash buyer

Sure any dealers on here will correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I wouldn't say negotiating power - just be left with a better cost to change.

Part exchange don't bother dealers, they just bid low to cover themselves and their expenses. If you sell directly to a dealer, they are happy because they cut out the middle man, and can give you a stronger price.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well if your interested mate i know of a car that you may be able to get.its at tempest ford in lichfields staffordshire. i get on close to all of them and work there most days.
anyway there is a black 3dr st3 06plate and they cant budge it no one has even come to look at it. they just cant sell used ST's there. it started at 14k then 13k now 11.950 if i remember correctly and they said they have to drop it one last time before they send it to auction. give them a call and try your luck.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(Footballer @ 15 Jan 2010, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Beautifuly put Russeh!

Running costs not a real problem for me so, all depends I guess on weather I can scrape a deal from a dealer/garage!

thats a good point that the above just made you might get a good at this time of year becuase demand is low so prices are dropping

·
Registered
241 Posts
QUOTE(loko @ 15 Jan 2010, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i always think your onto a winner when the cash you have is bigger than the car your putting in {does that make sense
}

+1

Be prepared to travel a bit and you'll get one no problem. Just looked on Autotrader and there's plenty at sub 10.5k. Quite a few are high mileage but there are several with around 30k on the clock and in the £9.5 to £10.5k price bracket.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
May I say people, some exceptional advise and comments here. Thank you so much.

You have now got me overwhelmed with excitement.

Time to start searching now then!

I'll keep you all updated..

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 15 Jan 2010, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well if your interested mate i know of a car that you may be able to get.its at tempest ford in lichfields staffordshire. i get on close to all of them and work there most days.
anyway there is a black 3dr st3 06plate and they cant budge it no one has even come to look at it. they just cant sell used ST's there. it started at 14k then 13k now 11.950 if i remember correctly and they said they have to drop it one last time before they send it to auction. give them a call and try your luck.

FORD FOCUS ST3 - Was £12,995 - Now £11,995 - Save £1,000
3 Door Hatchback - 2500 cc Manual Petrol - Panther Black - 2006 (06 Reg) - 26850 Miles

Key Features Include: Full Black Leather, 6 CD Autochanger, Air-Conditioning, 18 Inch Alloy Wheels, Heated Seats, Anti-Lock Brakes, Esp,
To find out more, call us on 01543 421 870 or Enquire by Email

1 - 20 of 23 Posts