Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After wanting one since they first came out I have FINALLY got my ST today, what a beauty!

It is a 58 plate facelift ST-3. It may sound stupid but I'm not sure if I have a 260bhp version. The dealership I bought it from said it was registered on HIP (I think that was it) as 221bhp, but when I got qoutes from a few insurers they all had it registered as 260bhp. The other thing is that when I test drove another ST i could hear the whistle of the turbo, but now i hear the exhaust more than anything.

It would be a great bonus if I have got an upgraded version but I am worried about having the correct insurance (through Greenlight) and also would just like to know...

Is there any way i can find this out without going to a mechanic?

Any help is much appreciated, and please don't laugh too much!

Cheers

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi mate,

The best way to tell is when you floor it the turbo dial goes all the way across into the red. If the needle only goes about a quarter of the way then it is standard. If it goes all the way then it has been re-mapped.

Adam

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
the ST260 so to speak is a mountuned ST. Have a poke around various areas for mountune stickers/parts. It may have been mountuned by the previous owner then returned to stock when flogged on. Oh oh oh I know ... contact mountune with your reg/VIN, they have a register of everyone they've pwned

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
QUOTE(yoinkster @ 27 Feb 2010, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the ST260 so to speak is a mountuned ST. Have a poke around various areas for mountune stickers/parts. It may have been mountuned by the previous owner then returned to stock when flogged on. Oh oh oh I know ... contact mountune with your reg/VIN, they have a register of everyone they've pwned
As far as I am aware a Mountuned car cannot be returned to stock. It remains Mountuned forever.But yes, contacting Mountune would be the best idea

However, Greenlight will add the Mountune package to your policy for free if it is indeed Mountuned.

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
As Allan said once Mountuned allways Mountuned a few people have had this same thing some insurance companies are calling the
the 260 even without the upgrade,have a look at the intercooler if it is huge it is Mountuned

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Another thing to check is the panel air filter. I think the standard ST has a standard paper type panel filter. If it's been Mountuned, then it will have a different one (possibly a K&N?).

·
Registered
119 Posts
its just an insurance database
up! wishfull thinking though!

+1

Mine came up the same on some insurers data bases but was only 221 BHP............................Until Dsci

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE(mcdamo @ 27 Feb 2010, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

After wanting one since they first came out I have FINALLY got my ST today, what a beauty!

It is a 58 plate facelift ST-3. It may sound stupid but I'm not sure if I have a 260bhp version. The dealership I bought it from said it was registered on HIP (I think that was it) as 221bhp, but when I got qoutes from a few insurers they all had it registered as 260bhp. The other thing is that when I test drove another ST i could hear the whistle of the turbo, but now i hear the exhaust more than anything.

It would be a great bonus if I have got an upgraded version but I am worried about having the correct insurance (through Greenlight) and also would just like to know...

Is there any way i can find this out without going to a mechanic?

Any help is much appreciated, and please don't laugh too much!

Cheers

Mine was the same (Ex Ford car) and its completely standard, as said its a database error

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys, thanks all for your help, I think it may just be a bit of an error, nice thought though, oh well! Will have a good look around to confirm soon. Thanks for the tip re Greenlight, good to know if it is upgraded then it's free to add.

Sorry for the late reply but have not been able to sit down unless it's in my recaros!! Man I love this car, well worth the wait!

P.S - heard the whistle a little more when I realy pushed her on a run yesterday afternoon, but I do still love the exhaust on it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts