1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys i'm now in a dilemma

1. I can probably change my FW 09
2 and £9k cash for a FW 10
with lux pack 1, USB/BT and part leather.

2. My
is currently putting out more BHP and Torque than the

Therefore do i keep the
or trade up to the

All replies will be appreciated

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
as we spoke about earlier mate , you were gonna keep the RS as a mad fast ford lover , but if ur loving the power mate ur ST is way up there mate . i would stick with it ??

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
But with a cheeky remap the rs will be quicker than the st

Frozen white rs's are the dogs nuts though. If i was in the position to swap i would

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
+1

Remapped Focus RS is at least 340hp (probably about 360 at EDS
) lol
Complete with a suspension setup that you can't get for the ST, LSD and everything else. Winner!

On the other hand, the trip back and forth to Germany would be very bumpy compared to the ST. Imagine going through Belgium

Up to you. Personally i think i'd get the S3 sitting outside forces cars for 23k...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Spike,

gotta be honest here mucker............NO

Why would you spend money on a car thats not as quick OR as stealthy as yours ??

I know you like the stealth look very much and think your ST fits your personality VERY well.

End decision is yours mucker...... but i'm for keeping the ST as the RS would bring too much attention to yourself and you wont be able to smash the BMW's,Merc's etc on the Bahn !! As you do sooooooo very well now !!

Either way, i'll still love you bro hahahaha

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
i've driven one mate & the ride comfort is the big let down!
spend some cash on a diff for your st ( if you have'nt already)
then you have a stealthy rs!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
It's the age old debate of modifed ST v standard RS.

If you are looking to change your car for a NEW vehicle the
is better value than the
IMO.

If you want to modify either then £3k will give you 400bhp and 520nm on the RS, It would cost you considerably more to get anywhere near these figures (if at all) on an ST and you would still be without LSD, Revoknuckle etc. etc.

It depends on what you are looking for. In some ways the
looks expensive, but in others it is an absolute bargain.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yes, a modified ST s faster than a standard RS. Remap the RS though and the ST will get left behind. A bit like I did trying to keep up with an RS with "RS 370" written on the back. My car isn't slow but this was another level

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 13 Feb 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, a modified ST s faster than a standard RS. Remap the RS though and the ST will get left behind. A bit like I did trying to keep up with an RS with "RS 370" written on the back. My car isn't slow but this was another level

i agree with you mate 100%, but as everyday transport its no where near as comfortable imho.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I would go for the PB as this is the most subtle with Lux one and leather.

Now with your discount it may be worth while but I looked at it for our lass and the change up was about 10K for 2 years newer (10,000 miles less), and little else in real terms,(it is not that quick/different form the ST and the ST looks better/in proportion, subtle etc). It therefore did not make sense as I am not that much of a fan anyway, they are not that quick, and there are better value performance cars out there for similar money.

The scary thing is the prices of RS are starting to drop considerably (some decent discounts out there now) and despite what the RS boys say I doubt they will improve/hold any better when they have all been sold, the only ones that may be worth anything like their hype suggests will be the ones in 10 years time with 5,000 miles on the clock etc

However having said all that I still keep looking at prices

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont see how people can compare standard cars against modified?

The RS is a different beast all together imo, the looks, the drive & im sure it will be worth more in the future than a ST of the same age.

Really depends on what your looking for, as said the ST is a more comfy to sit in for long drives etc but the RS is a little special.

All of which is my oppinion, thats why im off to talk figures with a dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It may be worth a couple of grand more in say 5 years time but costs a lot more than that now compaired to what you can get an ST for.

By all mean let your heart decide but do not use the excuse it is financialy sound

·
Registered
983 Posts
I wasn't going to reply to this but I've read alot of these posts on the forum. I've had two ST's. One with a remap and filter (rr at 256 bhp) and another ST that was well over 300bhp (rr 3 different rollers, 314,324,336bhp answers on a postcard please)
I would never slate an ST, the fact that I bought two tells it's own story.I have to say that I do think the RS is in a different league as a sportscar/ hothatch, whatever you want to call it.In a straight line a modified ST might be quicker than a standard RS, but handling wise, even an ST with a diff I don't think could touch it.I know this is an ST forum, but I'm just giving my honest opinion.it'll all depend on ,what you want from your car. The RS is alot of money, and
probably slightly overpriced, but I do think it is alot better than an ST.... I'll get my jacket lol

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(waito @ 13 Feb 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wasn't going to reply to this but I've read alot of these posts on the forum. I've had two ST's. One with a remap and filter (rr at 256 bhp) and another ST that was well over 300bhp (rr 3 different rollers, 314,324,336bhp answers on a postcard please)
I would never slate an ST, the fact that I bought two tells it's own story.I have to say that I do think the RS is in a different league as a sportscar/ hothatch, whatever you want to call it.In a straight line a modified ST might be quicker than a standard RS, but handling wise, even an ST with a diff I don't think could touch it.I know this is an ST forum, but I'm just giving my honest opinion.it'll all depend on ,what you want from your car. The RS is alot of money, and
probably slightly overpriced, but I do think it is alot better than an ST.... I'll get my jacket lol

oh yes its in a different league. but on a normal road on a normal day an
is a much better car!
just like my 330d was a better everyday car than my m3 was!
i do envy you though. would still have an rs in a heartbeat!
cause im a petrolhead!
but my sensible head says, keep my fillings & stick with an st!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I think in this case comparing standard RS VS modified ST is justified as the OP wants opinions for a change from Mod'd to standard(if you know what i mean).

A mod'd ST is a Very quick GT with RS straight line speed and an RS is a more focused sports car that does going fast everywhere better(By everywhere i mean straights and twistys
). So depends on what you want from a car...GT or more hardcore?

Oh and i would not modify a RS until some of the already mod'd ones have done some decent milage without any major problems
No point in spending all that money on the car to modify it and then it goes Bang

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
314 BHP & 398 lbs ft with just a DSCi Map, DSCi Induction, De-cat???
If those are accurate then stick with the ST mate, as it seems you have the most potent ST out there.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you got the cash then get the RS

white RS is soooooo fit

remap and a pipe....your on a winner

the only thing leaving a Q in my mind, is that with up to 400bhp....the RS has got the brakes, suspension and transmision...

but whats the Torque steer like?

anyone know??

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 14 Feb 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you got the cash then get the RS

white RS is soooooo fit

remap and a pipe....your on a winner

the only thing leaving a Q in my mind, is that with up to 400bhp....the RS has got the brakes, suspension and transmision...

but whats the Torque steer like?

anyone know??

Just going off what I saw on Top Gear it looked horrendous, and that was a bog standard car without the remap and pipe.

Tbh, it depends what you want the car for, day to day car its just too harsh a ride. Weekend car for a balst
, looks great and sounds lovely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts