Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just specking up a possible new ST and wonder what current MK3 owners think.

Is it worth spending the extra £s on ST3 over ST2 ?

Would really like all the toys, keyless entry especially. Not too worried about leather seats.

Also has anybody used FordDirect - they seem to have good prices

And 1 more thing, do ones ordered now come with the black headlights as standard, they look so much better IMO.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
The differences between them are the leather seats which are heated and 8 way electrically adjustable (and are very nice), the City Pack is standard (Reverse sensors, powerfold mirrors,active city stop), keyless entry, xenon headlights with DRLs and LED tail lights.

I went for the ST3 for the seats, the headlights and the keyless entry.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Just specking up a possible new ST and wonder what current MK3 owners think.

Is it worth spending the extra £s on ST3 over ST2 ?

Would really like all the toys, keyless entry especially. Not too worried about leather seats.

Also has anybody used FordDirect - they seem to have good prices

And 1 more thing, do ones ordered now come with the black headlights as standard, they look so much better IMO.
I went for the ST-2 with lots of options purely because thats all i could afford. I had an MK2 ST-3 before and loved the keyless entry and Xenon's but it wasnt justified for the price increase on this one.

If you got the cash then go for it mate

We all get black headlights now, do you have a ford ticket for discount?

Dal

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Bought my car from Ford Direct who are now calling there dealers Polar Ford, I went for an ST2 in white or blue and ended up with an ST3 they had in the show room, just got very lucky going in on the right day, went in the last day of the month and quarter of the new reg, got a deal I couldn't refuse!!!

The ST3 comes with leather seats and different rear seats, the front are heated and it also come with the City Pack as standard and the HDI lights, after that they are the same car with most of the same options available, the biggest thing for me is the interior, if your not bothered about the leather then save the cash and spend it on mods or a holiday.

Daz.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I went for the st3 as I am planning on keeping the car, plus had a mk2 st3, so would miss the extras, and do think they are worth paying the extra

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went for the ST-2 with lots of options purely because thats all i could afford. I had an MK2 ST-3 before and loved the keyless entry and Xenon's but it wasnt justified for the price increase on this one.

If you got the cash then go for it mate

We all get black headlights now, do you have a ford ticket for discount?

Dal
Happy that you get black lights now.

Don't have any ford tickets unfortunately

Can you get Keyless entry on the ST2 do you know?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Happy that you get black lights now.

Don't have any ford tickets unfortunately

Can you get Keyless entry on the ST2 do you know?
no keyless on the 2 - just push button start so you dont put a key in and turn you push the glowing button

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no keyless on the 2 - just push button start so you dont put a key in and turn you push the glowing button
Think its got to be the ST3 then, the better halfs car is keyless and I do like not having to get keys out to open car. (Lazy sod)

·
Registered
791 Posts
The differences between them are the leather seats which are heated and 8 way electrically adjustable (and are very nice), the City Pack is standard (Reverse sensors, powerfold mirrors,active city stop), keyless entry, xenon headlights with DRLs and LED tail lights.

Not sure it has the active stop thingy - think that's part of an extra pack - or it was on Saturday!. I went for an ST3 estate after trying a hatchback ST2. The leather in the ST3 is noticeably nicer - heathed and electric, LED running lights, Xenon's that follow the steering - a few nicer bits.

I plan on keeping my (touch wood) for several years, so I thought best spend a little more now and when it comes to selling the ST3 will have a premium over the ST1 and 2 - some people aint that bothered though.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
The sales team were fantastic and still are, the workshop and service manager where I went are
!!!!!

Had a major issue with the service department and the service manager was a right tall hat, the sales manager took over and kicked his ass and took over the issue and dealt with it himself.

Happy again now and I've not paid for fuel since November and free servicing but not there!!!

The issues with the car were caused by the dealerships service department but that's for another thread!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure it has the active stop thingy - think that's part of an extra pack - or it was on Saturday!. I went for an ST3 estate after trying a hatchback ST2. The leather in the ST3 is noticeably nicer - heathed and electric, LED running lights, Xenon's that follow the steering - a few nicer bits.

I plan on keeping my (touch wood) for several years, so I thought best spend a little more now and when it comes to selling the ST3 will have a premium over the ST1 and 2 - some people aint that bothered though.
I usually think I'm going to keep my cars a long while aswell, unfortunately after a few months something else catches my eye and the wife says 'Here we go again ......'

Will probably go for the 3 now as I love my gadgets

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The sales team were fantastic and still are, the workshop and service manager where I went are
!!!!!

Had a major issue with the service department and the service manager was a right tall hat, the sales manager took over and kicked his ass and took over the issue and dealt with it himself.

Happy again now and I've not paid for fuel since November and free servicing but not there!!!

The issues with the car were caused by the dealerships service department but that's for another thread!!!
Thanks for that, I'll give them a call and see what they quote, don't suppose I'll get 3 months of free fuel though!

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Not got my ST yet and never had keyless start before - how close do you have to be?
I think you need to be in the car to start it, if not it'll be the narrow area around the doors and boot where the keyless entry works. The car will keep running once started even if the key is not present - it will shout at you about it though.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Think its got to be the ST3 then, the better halfs car is keyless and I do like not having to get keys out to open car. (Lazy sod)
Unless you buy a Disklok, in which case you need to get your keys out to get that off

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Definately want the ST3 now then.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts