Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the heading states, does anybody know if DS offer a de-res cat back system? Cant ask them as they are on holiday break now lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Thanks guys. I dont really want to be purchasing a new system to chop it up before its fitted but it is a solution. I will try contacting Blueflame then and see if they offer it as an option. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had a look at the Blueflame exausts and they aint what DS are selling. I need a system that has tailpipes that adjust in and out. The DS system has this but I want a de-res as I want a little more exaust sound.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I think they do nick..the turbo x car has a deresonated DS system on it... i emailed Jared a while ago asking about res and de res..the outcome being he thought de res was too loud for my situation of daily driver...

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they do nick..the turbo x car has a deresonated DS system on it... i emailed Jared a while ago asking about res and de res..the outcome being he thought de res was too loud for my situation of daily driver...
AH! Getting there! Thanks Dan. I need to speak to Jas when hes back to work then. Cheers my friend!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
A snippet from the convo nick...

Me:
Thanks for the quick response Jared.

Am i right in thinking that you do a resonated and de-resonated option?

Any difference in price?

Seen the video on the website - guessing these are all resonated, will the de-res be significantly louder?

Dan

Jazz: Hi Dan

They are the same price res and non res mate, the non res is what I have and it is loud, but a nice loud.

The videos are all resinated.

Jazz

Me: Haha well if its good enough for your car...
Drone much?

Dont suppose you know of any videos showing the de-resinated?

Dan

Dreamscience Flash
Sent 04 April 2012 - 14:44

Dreamscience Flash
  • Sponsor
  • 1,992 posts
  • Hull
  • Owns:ST225
Hi mate

It's pretty loud all the time, definately for a track car like mine, the sound is 2nd to none though, if I drove the car every day I would have the resonated section on to be honest.

Jazz

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A snippet from the convo nick...

Me:
Thanks for the quick response Jared.

Am i right in thinking that you do a resonated and de-resonated option?

Any difference in price?

Seen the video on the website - guessing these are all resonated, will the de-res be significantly louder?

Dan

Jazz: Hi Dan

They are the same price res and non res mate, the non res is what I have and it is loud, but a nice loud.

The videos are all resinated.

Jazz

Me: Haha well if its good enough for your car...
Drone much?

Dont suppose you know of any videos showing the de-resinated?

Dan

Dreamscience Flash
Sent 04 April 2012 - 14:44

Dreamscience Flash
  • Sponsor
  • 1,992 posts
  • Hull
  • Owns:ST225
Hi mate

It's pretty loud all the time, definately for a track car like mine, the sound is 2nd to none though, if I drove the car every day I would have the resonated section on to be honest.

Jazz
Thanks Dan. Most helpful mate.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
No way am I sick of the Mongoose mate. The Mongoose is an excellent exaust and I would not hesitate to recommend it. My issue is that with my new Loder Diffuser the Mongoose tailpipes are set too far in and they dont adjust in and out (if that makes sense). I need the tailpipes to stick out more at the rear. Also I want more exaust noise, not drone but just a nice meaty crackle with prescence! Ive been looking at different systems for a few weeks now and there only a few that offer the facility to move the tails in and out. So its nothing against the Mongoose its just that it doesnt fit the criteria I currently have.

Not wake them Gary, just give them a nudge perhaps!
Could Martin not make you some custom tail pipes with the new section 59 they are about to release? Or would that be too expensive?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Could Martin not make you some custom tail pipes with the new section 59 they are about to release? Or would that be too expensive?
Fair point and a good idea! Not sure if those tailpipes would fit my current silencer box tho. I asked about the Section 59 exaust when I was at Collins last week and there is no definite release date for it. I would purchase the Section 59 exaust cat back if it fulfilled my criteria and was available.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts