Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking recently about getting another car just a run around somthing cheap to run, cause i do alot of shooting and fishing i ain't been cause i want put the rods and aw my mucky equipment in it after being on farms shooting ect do any of you own a second car as a run around ??

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I've got 2 cars my st and my scooby, found my insurance is nearest the same as owning one car , both with mods declared on multi car policy,

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
How on gods greenest of earths can anybody afford to run a second car whilst owning an ST. I am practically destitute trying to run the thing. Wouldnt have it any other way though!!
Well, I dont pay to run the Insignia as its a company car. Regarding the other 3 vehicles, we both have 2 jobs, work hard - play hard!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I thought about getting a second car as a runabout but when I considered buying the thing, tax, MOT, servicing and potential insurance then it would of cost more than what I would be saving in petrol on the ST.

The ST was bought to be driven and that is what I intend to do. I would only see the point getting a second car if I was to strip the ST down and use it as a trackday toy (Which i won't be)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've got a suzuki bandit 600 for better weather, a Mini Cooper sportpack in pieces restoring, and my ST. The runaround is her Mini Cooper cabriolet lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
I run a ford ka ( no laughing at the back please ) cost me £300 only use it for work which is a quarry n its very dirty and dusty roads, the ST would be full of stone chips and have to be washed every day. My insurance was about £30 more for two cars so keeps the st clean.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Range rover sport as the family wagon but part exing in the new year for an RS and use the ST as my daily drive advantage of a 5 door ST

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a white insignia SRi which is on lease through work, but I'm in the process of handing it back. Trying to cut all my outgoings down and saving to buy outright like I've done with my ST. I just can't be doing with finance looming over me

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
No, got a bike though, I don't think there's any justification for me to have a second car "as a run around" the car I drive is only a focus afterall.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got a suzuki bandit 600 for better weather, a Mini Cooper sportpack in pieces restoring, and my ST. The runaround is her Mini Cooper cabriolet lol
i had a mini for about 5 years restoring it, well i say that, 1 year of doing things to it, 4 years of it getting dusty so i got rid of that a little while ago
i miss my mini.

i used to have 2 cars, an ST and a Discovery (i shoot alot too) but i sold the discovery and brought a quadbike, much more fun to go round on, and the option to take it to work if it snows

1 - 20 of 83 Posts