Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have got a great price from DMB for my side stripes but I am very worried about putting them on. I got a price of about £70 for a company to put some ST side stripes on and of corse the advantage there is if they make a mistake I dont pay for it and they can have as many goes as possible to get them on straight and with no bubbles etc. So what I would like to know is how easy are the DMB ones to put on and if you have them then how did you get on? Much appreciated advice please!

·
Registered
320 Posts
QUOTE(Craig_SG1 @ 25 Jan 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

I have got a great price from DMB for my side stripes but I am very worried about putting them on. I got a price of about £70 for a company to put some ST side stripes on and of corse the advantage there is if they make a mistake I dont pay for it and they can have as many goes as possible to get them on straight and with no bubbles etc. So what I would like to know is how easy are the DMB ones to put on and if you have them then how did you get on? Much appreciated advice please!

I put mine on using soapy water to get into place easily. Then used a credit card to smoth over losing the bubbles and excess water. Was quite easy really. Would get a friend to help though for sure. I certinly wouldnt pay £70 to get them done, thats a bit steep IMO. Ric

·
1,285 Posts
I got DMB to put mine on for me. Dave does an amazing job and if he messes it up (which he won't!!!), he will re-do it ... if you mess it up, can you afford another set?

It took me a trip to Brum from Essex to get it done, but it was SO worth the trip!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fitted my DMB stripes myself, Went for the soapy water option squeegying out the bubbles as you go.
Excellent end result and fairly easy as long as you take your time and have another person to help.

PC220578.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You do have to take your time, lots of water on the surface, and smooth it out.

At £20 quid for the stripes, or £70 for them fittes, you can afford to have a couple of goes.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Would a nice warm summers day be any good! Lovely and sunn down ere at the min!!! if not suppose id be able to pinch a mates garage!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I fitted mine myself, well with a little help from my mate. Didnt use soapy water just dry fitted them and it was pretty easy. It took about 45 minutes. Certainly wouldnt be paying £70 to get them fitted.
ST1.JPG

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts