Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be having my wheels powder coated this week, already have my DMB overlays to match the wheels. was wondering if anyone had any tips to fitting them so they dont come off.

should i be scuffing the old centre caps to allow a better adhesion or just a quick wipe down and warm the badges on the radiator before application.

Cheers for any help.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
i heard people on here saying to remove the badge from the centre and stick the new gel badge in its place.
i've not done it myself but try searching on here, sure theres a little 'how to'.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
im going to get some soon, when it comes to it i'll decide whether im going to take old ones off and replace or just clean them up well and stick over the top.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Clean the originals with some meths/white spirit to remove dirt and grease.

Heat up gel badges with a hair dryer to make them more pliable. Then stick them on.

Job done.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Pretty much like Allan has said, I cleaned the existing with IPA whilst the badges were sitting on the dash being warmed by the sun through the windscreen, then just slapped them on, firming up with the palm of my hand. Still looking good, high praise to DMB

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(Chrissy_bwoy @ 22 Feb 2010, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>60mm IIRC

Pre-facelift and facelift are different sizes, facelift is 55mm.

QUOTE(Allan @ 22 Feb 2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Clean the originals with some meths/white spirit to remove dirt and grease.

Heat up gel badges with a hair dryer to make them more pliable. Then stick them on.

Job done.

Same way i done both sets ive had and they never budged

·
Registered
218 Posts
Did mine in cold weather so took the wheels off and popped the centres out. brought them in house and made sure they were spotless clean
With the centres and the stickers both warm, just stuck them on and kept them pressed down for a bit in warm hands

They are still in perfect position now a few months later

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE(Chrissy_bwoy @ 23 Feb 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers for all the tips chaps,

+1 I'm getting some tomorrow so nice tips. I guessed it would be same as the gel overlays for my ford badges I got a month back. Bring on tomorrow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts