Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Detailing Spray

487 views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Glenster 
#1 ·
#3 ·
the megs quick detailer i use on the quick summer washes is great.it doesnt leave any marks/smears and does seem to give a little protection between waxes.bottle lasts quite a wile too.
to be honest i dont think there will be much between them its all down to personal choice of product name IMO.

#9 ·
QUOTE(thestumper @ 30 Dec 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes I use it when I have just washed the car and I generally use it cause I cant be bothered waxing as it leaves a nice glossy finish.

Generally how far does 1 bottle go? its something ive been looking into and some can be quite pricey for the amount you get. Do you spray the entire car lightly then wipe off? Whats the correct procedure?

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(np247921 @ 30 Dec 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Generally how far does 1 bottle go? its something ive been looking into and some can be quite pricey for the amount you get. Do you spray the entire car lightly then wipe off? Whats the correct procedure?

Now im no detailer but I just do a panel at a time and you dont need a lot as it comes out in a nice mist, it seems to cover the car quite nicely unless its windy!! I bought the smaller 250ml bottle of dodo juice red mist around June this year and it lasted me till October and I used it more or less every week.

#11 ·
QUOTE(Simo @ 30 Dec 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can someone tell me what this is for? Do you put it on after you've washed the car?
the everage spray bottle you get from haflords ect lasts me a year of my car once a week and the mrs too. i wax it every 2/3 weeks though.
get a BIG micro fibre and spray onto micro fibre,wipe over car,turn micro fibre and buff to shine. 5/10 mins and car is done.
gives the car some protection and a nice quick shine.were if you was to just dry car you will have smears and lines ect.
i find spraying onto the micro fibra rather than onto the paint is best due to quick detailer going onto places you dont want ie rubbers,windows ect

#17 ·
i used to use megs untill i run out and nipped into halfords and got turtlewax ice quick detailer, been using that ever since, i was really suprised how different it worked to the megs! i thought it would be the same, i think ill have to try some of this red mist stuff tho.

I cant wash a car unless i have some quick detailer! it makes all the difference, i wish i knew about it when i had my black car

It works better if the car has a good layer of wax on aswell, when i use it on my parents car that isnt waxed its a nightmare to use, i would wax it, but to be fair i usually do mine then cant be assed with theirs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.