Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what happened today in Denton crown point ?

was walking around here and about 5 police cars and 10 officers blocked the road off.

The only vehicle i saw was a Silver Focus ST with owners club sticker in window and its tryed pulling out of a side street and collected something thus focus front end all over the road.

i heard but not sure that a bike was involved and may have been fatal, from which i saw blood on the road and some ripped clothing

though why the bus and black golf havnt been moved all day i dont know !

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTEthough why the bus and black golf havnt been moved all day i dont know !

Standard practice if its not a straight forward accident. All police forces then get an Accident Investigator to come out who marks up the road, takes pictures, and looks into what caused the crash. As said, usually only done for fatals though. Hope its not the case this time.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Doesn't sound good

If they indeed did have club stickers on the window no doubt something will get posted up soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was accident investigators yes with weird camera things on tripods !!

some more school gate talk is it was 3 lads on a scrambler...unconfirmed

·
Registered
340 Posts
I drove past this today aswell, i saw the camera thing but couldn't see anything else as i was driving across the junction.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(bigbadbod @ 1 Feb 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Saddens me that a teenager has died even if he was doing something he should not have been.

Yeah true, but IF they were being idiots it will stop the others doing it again and it may, in turn, save someone elses life further down the line. Sounds harsh but I'd prefer it to be him than some innocent person crossing the street etc. All this is presuming that they were being idiots

·
Registered
198 Posts
Like everyone else I don't mean to be harsh, but I honestly don't see why 3 people would be messing around on a motorbike at that time on a Monday. I'm pretty sure they ain't academic university or college students, nor does it seem like they have a place of work to be at.

Maybe I'm old before my time, a sad waste of life indeed, but as most motorcyclists will tell you - any object other than you on a road is a threat - doesn't sound like these chaps would have been taking it easy or watching their surroundings carefully.

I just hope the other two take something away from the accident when they recover...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unfortunately the guy who died has no chance of taking anything away from the experience and somewhere there are some grieving parents. So sadly even if he was up to no good he has no chance at redemption.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hear hear Bigbadbod.

At the end of the day he may have been an idiot, but its harsh to be like this when he died. Yeah he may have killed someone else on the road, but what we also don't know yet of the Focus owner just pulled out of the junction and didnt check his blind spots. In any case it's nobody's fault, the Focus driver will be a mess of emotions right now, but the poor kids parents. I'm sure they are grieving enough will all the silly comments on the news website and on here. Have a little respect for his death yeah?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Which part of three youths on one motorbike would you like your loved ones to be hit by? If nothing had happened yesterday do you think that they would never do it again? Yes nobody deserves to die for a mistake but its not as if he was blameless!

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE(CainFocusST88 @ 2 Feb 2010, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>In any case it's nobody's fault, the Focus driver will be a mess of emotions right now, but the poor kids parents. I'm sure they are grieving enough will all the silly comments on the news website and on here. Have a little respect for his death yeah?

Sadly, it will be someone's fault whether it's the owner of the ST possibly not looking properly before pulling out or the guy on the bike possibly speeding (and being 3 up is illegal oin itself) and riding dangerously.

It is a shame that someone had to die but that is the way of the world when these things happen and I can't help but wonder that if they were foolish enough to ride 3 up on the bike then maybe they were probably also foolish enough not to be wearing protective gear - although who knows?

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
I hope im not alone in finding the contents of this thread a bit disturbing! Yeah fair enough, being 3 up on a bike is illegal and stupid but the general consensus seems to be that youre glad he died ffs! I think the death sentence is a bit harsh for carrying 1 too many passengers! How many of you have never had too many people in a car or carried passengers in the back of a van? I have seen lots of people with 4 seat STs taking 5 people in them after all!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts