Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my fellow south centrals

Well after a slight "fopar" in the wife's Fiesta which resulted in a rather large dent in one of the rear passenger doors, I'm pleased to say all is fixed
. I used these people ---> DENTZ <---

I tell you what I cannot recommend them enough, what a thoroughly good job they did, all for £75
. You'd never know that there was a dent in the door in the first place, I only wish I had taken some photo's of the "ding" so you can see what a good job they did.

So if any of you have the misfortune of getting a dent on your cars, I'd give Steve a call

·
Registered
592 Posts
Exceelent Ryan, I have a few scratches I need looking at and a tiny dent in the drivers door, will ask them how much it will bhe.

Portslade panel works in Hove is excellent too, bit pricey but spot on!

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 10 Feb 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Exceelent Ryan, I have a few scratches I need looking at and a tiny dent in the drivers door, will ask them how much it will bhe.

Portslade panel works in Hove is excellent too, bit pricey but spot on!

Tell you what Lewis, phone Paul who's listed on there web site mate, I've got him coming around this Friday afternoon to take a rather deep scratch out the Fiesta which he said will be £15

I also used Paul a couple of years ago to take a load of minor scrathes out of my car. They did a really good job and if I recall it was around £50 for half a dozen marks on the car

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 10 Feb 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Which company does Paul work for?

The owner of Portslade panel works is called Paul and I know his daughter lol

The Paul I'm on about is an independent dude, most of the work he does is for local dealerships.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He sure is good
, he did all of "Chips away's" colour matching years ago.

Paint Repair Sussex call Paul - 07919 557200

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cool I have heard bad things about chips away though, apperently their work doesnt last 5minutes and they are expensive... Would you let him do your
?

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's already done my car Lewis
and a blooming good job he made if it. Like I said he's popping around mine tomorrow to work on the purple haze, if I remember I'll take a photo of the scratch before he starts and then take an after shot and post it up mate.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 11 Feb 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool I have heard bad things about chips away though, apperently their work doesnt last 5minutes and they are expensive... Would you let him do your
?

chipsaway isnt bad. its a franchise so there is some not so good people out there but best to research your local guy.
they repairs are guarenteed for 2 years so i should hope they last longer than 5mins

its all 2pack lacquers now aposed to the single pack they used about 5 years ago so the repairs are solid and also around half the price of a bodyshop and less hastle.

·
Registered
592 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 11 Feb 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>chipsaway isnt bad. its a franchise so there is some not so good people out there but best to research your local guy.
they repairs are guarenteed for 2 years so i should hope they last longer than 5mins

its all 2pack lacquers now aposed to the single pack they used about 5 years ago so the repairs are solid and also around half the price of a bodyshop and less hastle.

Cool, just heard bad things about our local one I think it went under new mamangement not to long ago.... Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Well recently Julia my other half dinked her fez ST, needed a new bumper and headlight.... So onto ebay got the parts and got a very good quote from paintz to spray the bumper and fit a new headlight, was about £480 all in cant remeber what Julia paid....

Anyway the spray job is spot on cant fault that..... anyhow I do need to moan, they fitted the headlight and didnt take the bulbs out the old headlight, so there were no bulbs in the new headlight... Muppets!
so on the blower they come back to sort it, but were addiment they checked it was working before they left
I dont think so.... Well rant over and its all sorted... Good job apart from that little bulb issue... Oh and they had no torque screw drivers...

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent news Lewis, glad that the job they did was OK fella and shame about the bulb matey
never mind though

I saw Julia the other day when leaving work, think it was Wednesday last week just after 5PM, must say her little Fiesta was looking rather clean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts