Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well after a lot of soul searching i have taken the plunge and ordered a new
in FW with BT/USB.

Graham at Forces Cars Direct (FCD) once again came up trumps with a deal i couldn't refuse
(EMC/Griffin etc were nowhere near FCD offers)

Anyway as said in a previous thread the car will be used as a weekend/track toy so i will be sticking around the
site and will still be attending the BFG meets and the 'Ring trips.

It will be sad to see the
go (after having 3) but i have had so much fun over the last 3 odd years and the
was the only car i would have changed the
for

Mick,

I spoke to Graham about sponsorship for the H4H roadtrip and he is keen, is there anybody i can direct him to sort it all out

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 18 Feb 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well after a lot of soul searching i have taken the plunge and ordered a new
in FW with BT/USB.

Graham at Forces Cars Direct (FCD) once again came up trumps with a deal i couldn't refuse
(EMC/Griffin etc were nowhere near FCD offers)

Anyway as said in a previous thread the car will be used as a weekend/track toy so i will be sticking around the
site and will still be attending the BFG meets and the 'Ring trips.

It will be sad to see the
go (after having 3) but i have had so much fun over the last 3 odd years and the
was the only car i would have changed the
for

Mick,

I spoke to Graham about sponsorship for the H4H roadtrip and he is keen, is there anybody i can direct him to sort it all out

You wont regret it

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 18 Feb 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks mate it was yours and Rich's comments on the other thread that swayed it for me plus the extra £600 reduction by the dealer

A couple of questions.

can i use the decat and eibachs from the ST on the RS or are they different?
The decat will fit no probs.I had a miltek decat on my ST,but the decat they make for the RS is a 3'',the ST 2.75''.Wont make much of a difference though.The eibachs are completly different,so you'll need to get new ones mate.btw the downpipe is different for the RS.It has a bracket attached to stop the downpipe moving under boost.If you were thinking of putting the ST downpipe on. A few sleepless nights now

·
Registered
647 Posts
Fair one mate !! the RS is truly a FANTASTIC piece of engineering !! Good for you mate, i hope you really enjoy driving it mate (and i REALLY hope you'll let me take her for a spin too hahaha)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 18 Feb 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mick,

Spike, if you could put him in touch with Scott Lovekin, Storm on here. He has all the details for company sponsorship and has a lot of the back ground details from the trip. I had already asked if FCD were interested in sponsoring and they said they may be interested but even my follow up email wasnt replied to. Hopefully you can manage to get something from Graham as more sponsorship the merrier H4H will be.

On another note, how much you looking for for your CAIS? and I just know you'll love the RS, hopefully I'll get to see it in June if we can hook up for a 'ring trip on my R&R, first couple of weeks hopefully!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(Chris @ 19 Feb 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spike

I would go for these spring's for your RS

Pumabuild
I would agree with Chris mate. The Eibachs are more comfortable than the standard springs and the car sits perfect.
ps GGR were doing them cheaper when I bought mine. Worth checking them out

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Tippex ST @ 18 Feb 2010, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fair one mate !! the RS is truly a FANTASTIC piece of engineering !! Good for you mate, i hope you really enjoy driving it mate (and i REALLY hope you'll let me take her for a spin too hahaha)

Of course i will let you have a wee blast mate

QUOTE(mick5994 @ 19 Feb 2010, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Spike, if you could put him in touch with Scott Lovekin, Storm on here. He has all the details for company sponsorship and has a lot of the back ground details from the trip. I had already asked if FCD were interested in sponsoring and they said they may be interested but even my follow up email wasnt replied to. Hopefully you can manage to get something from Graham as more sponsorship the merrier H4H will be.

On another note, how much you looking for for your CAIS? and I just know you'll love the RS, hopefully I'll get to see it in June if we can hook up for a 'ring trip on my R&R, first couple of weeks hopefully!!

I will speak to Graham again and point him in Scotts direction, do i do it through the H4H facebook site????

Make me an offer for the induction kit mate, i will be around in June so deffo on for a 'ring trip

QUOTE(LawwaST @ 19 Feb 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Enjoy your new
- when's your expected delivery date?

Look forward to seeing it in August!!

Hope to pick it up around the 19 April, i can't wait for August as well

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the 2 month wait is nearly over
i pick the new
up on Monday its going to be a long weekend of waiting now.

Got it booked into Profile on Tuesday for a couple of mods then the long drive back to Germany on Thursday to see how it copes with the Autobahn

I will say farewell but not goodbye as I will stay an active member on here though as the forum is the best forum by far

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
Well the 2 month wait is nearly over
i pick the new
up on Monday its going to be a long weekend of waiting now.

Got it booked into Profile on Tuesday for a couple of mods then the long drive back to Germany on Thursday to see how it copes with the Autobahn

I will say farewell but not goodbye as I will stay an active member on here though as the forum is the best forum by far
Think im more excited than u buddie haha , cant wait to see it , what mods u getting put on it , the next time we meet ill get that handset off u , or when ur by my way buddie .

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome over to the other side mate, I'm sure you'll love it

This is a great site and you'll be warmly welcomed over on the sister RS site too

Soon be Monday!
Thanks Andy, I am a member on the RSOC site as well and both are great sites, however the BFG forum on here is the reason i will be hanging around

Is it Monday yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Nice one Spike, its going to be one of the longest weekends of your life.....lol. I've got a deposit down for the RS500 but with it being a lottery for who gets one I'm not holding my breath. I'll be up to Heide Park on the 4th June so may just have to pop in and see the new addition to the family as I'll be going to the Dakota Steak House if its still open?

Look forward to seeing the new beast and I know it wont just be the Sport Cat that will end up being changed.....LOL. Speak to you soon buddy and keep your speed down once you hit the Autobahns, its people like you that are causing Global Warming in your low MPG cars!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one Spike, its going to be one of the longest weekends of your life.....lol. I've got a deposit down for the RS500 but with it being a lottery for who gets one I'm not holding my breath. I'll be up to Heide Park on the 4th June so may just have to pop in and see the new addition to the family as I'll be going to the Dakota Steak House if its still open?

Look forward to seeing the new beast and I know it wont just be the Sport Cat that will end up being changed.....LOL. Speak to you soon buddy and keep your speed down once you hit the Autobahns, its people like you that are causing Global Warming in your low MPG cars!!!!!
Mick, i will be around however Dakotas has changed to Californias and apparently not that good now, Desperados steak house is the new place for steaks
, if you want some company give me a shout and i will have a bite to eat with you

The modding bug will take over me eventually (either mountune or DS if it comes out) but i will still be contributing to the global warming effect big style once i hit the autobahns until then

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i picked up the
on Monday and after 6 days and 1700 miles
heres a quick write up on my thoughts and opinions
(having come from a modded
)

I drove the car for 1 day standard then went to Gary at Profile Automotive (top bloke and excellent service, thanks Gary
) in Stockport to have eibachs, K & N air filter and 100 cell sports cat fitted.

Performance

I thought the performance was a bit lacking from the 2000 - 4000 rpm range however once above 4000 rpm boy does it fly.

Comfort

On the standard suspension setup i found the ride a little harsher than the ST however once i had eibachs fitted the ride comfort improved quite a bit. The recaro seats are firmer than in the ST but are still comfortable even on a long journey.

Handling

100% improvement on the ST and with eibachs it just feels so planted on the road and feels like its on rails.

Economy

I can't believe the fuel economy is so much better than the ST (i have actually gained over 8 mpg) averaging 28.9mpg with a mixture of A + B roads, motorways and autobahns.

Overall

The RS is awesome on the twisty B roads but after hitting the autobahn on the way back the performance from 90mph right up to 160mph was absolutely mind blowing, bear in mind i had a modded ST putting out approx 280-290bhp and 380lbs ft of torque i thought the RS would be a bit underwhelming but it most definately is NOT!!!!!!!!

I would say the ST was quicker from 30mph (3rd gear) up to about 90mph (due to the smaller turbo) but from 90mph upwards the ST would not be near to the RS as the top end power/torque is immense.

Anyway here are a few pictures of the

Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Hood Car
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.