Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Finally decided what theme I am going to go for, the calipers have come up a bit bright, hopen they will darken as they dry out a bit!!

Surrounds need a few more laquor coats and 24 hours drying!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
its definetly a different colour. i personally think it'll go well with sea grey, i sometimes think the "normal" red used stands out too much for such a subtle colour like sea grey. however not too sure about the surrounds??

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Like the colour on the calipers and side on view of car, but got to agree don't think it'll work too well on the surrounds..

Shall wait to see a proper pic of em fitted before passing judgment

·
Registered
418 Posts
nice to see something a bit different! good on you for giving it a shot! i'll be sure to keep my eyes on your progress mate

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Won't your Mrs be livid when she notices what you've done with her lipstick Ashley?
Talking of my Mrs she came up with the idea of the colour!

Thanks all, the surrounds look very dark compared to the calipers, not sure whats gone on there lol If they do not look right they will be sprayed completely gloss black. I am going to polish them tonight to try and get a nice shine, the fronts need redoing completely as in the recess the paint hasn't worked and it is very patchy for some reason.

Also, I am on the look out for some gloss black wheels if anyone has anything.

Then the job of the front grilles and side badges!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On a side note, I cleaned my calipers with a wheel brush, engine degreaser and wet wipes. Worked a treat! (They had previously been painted silver so were not rusty) I used the same method on my wheels and it worked again!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers
I might try and give the calipers a few more coats to try and darken them up a tad!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Why not try adding a drop of black paint into the mix to darken it a bit. I presume it is oil based paint so make sure you use similar. Add just a drop at the time and give a good stir until you get a shade you are happy with.

·
Registered
964 Posts
A quick pic of the surround, just added a last layer of laquor after this and then will polish up tomorrow
as you can see, its not just gloss black!

Did have a small problem though, I sat on one
,so sanding and repainting tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Looks really good, brave choice of colour but I think it goes well with the grey and it is good to be different too

1 - 20 of 40 Posts